chapter 52

CHAPTER 52

Jeon Jungkook

"This is why we can't have children, Jeon Jungkook!" Areum yelled from their living room

Jungkook ran back with a new roll of tissue paper and milk on a bowl before sitting down on the floor with her. She glared at him and took the tissue paper from him.

"You didn't have to be so mean about it!" He hissed back.

"I'm sorry then!" she growled before taking a large slip tip syringe and used it from the bowl of milk he brought.

"I told you to buy baby bottles from the store, didn't I?" Jungkook muttered as she tried to feed the small figure on her arms.

Areum glared at him again and gently fed the small curly furred red poodle in her arms. The small breed blinked as it gently licked the milk before weakly wiggling out of her grasp.

"What is she gonna do with baby bottles? Gnaw on it? Her teeth are sharper than yours!"

Jungkook gave her a defeated glare before carefully taking the dog out of her grasp, cradling it in his arms just as he had been doing for two days straight. He never let Molly out of his sight since they got her a few days ago. The red poodle was an offspring of Holly with another female red poodle from a different litter. Holly was Yoongi's dog, or his older brother's for the most part.

"She's dying. Jana is going to kill me," Areum murmured as she watched the dog calm down and whimper quietly in Jungkook's arms.

"Oh, she's not going to die."

Molly was a 2 year-old female toy poodle and was rehomed to Jana and Yoongi when the owners didn't find anyone to adopt her and they also couldn't keep too many dogs in their residence. Nonetheless, Yoongi's family went on a two-week trip in Japan with Jana and they decided to leave their pet in care of both Jungkook and Areum as they were only the ones who'd be spending their vacation in Seoul and Busan. They could always bring the dogs around with them easily and Jana used dog-sitting as an excuse to coax out Areum's maternal extinct.

Areum lets out a sigh and went closer towards Jungkook and the dog. She rested her chin on his shoulder as they both stroked the sick dog. Maybe Molly just misses her owners, doesn't poodle tend to have separation anxiety, she thought to herself.

"I've been in the Hospital too much, I've seen enough death already." she muttered as her hands went to scratch Molly's belly.

"You didn't forget to feed the sassy one, did you? We can't have two dead do—" she moved away from them abruptly with wide eyes as she froze with her hand still on the weak puppy.

"Jeon Jungkook," she gasped. "Where the hell is Yeontan?"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and extended his head on the small bed where old sassy Yeontan was sleeping.