chapter 29

CHAPTER 29

Song Areum

"You're kidding, right?""Why would you let him continue?""I didn't call you so you could convince him to perform!""Have you seen his injury? He can't do this!"

"Why would you let him continue?"
"I didn't call you so you could convince him to perform!"
"Have you seen his injury? He can't do this!"

Areum blew an impatient breath, holding in her fury as she glared at her friends. All six men suddenly avoided her gaze and cleared their throat.

It was only Namjoon and Taehyung who kept their eyes on her with just a dismayed expression.

"He wanted to sing. His injury wasn't in his mouth or throat, was it?" Areum stated calmly.

"You're a doctor! You should have given him a proper medical advice." Namjoon stated.

"You weren't there when the light fell on him, he even cried from the pain." Taehyung added.

"Why are you all going off on me?" she asked them bitterly. "Shouldn't you be furious at Iris? If it weren't for her, Jungkook wouldn't have been hurt that bad, so if there's someone you should be yelling at, it's her. Not me."

The members fell silent. There was no point arguing with her, she was too stubborn to listen to someone else.

"Areum, it was an accident." Namjoon spoke softly. "If Jungkook didn't save her, she would have been extremely hurt and rushed to the hospital with low chance of survival,"

"Does it look like I care about what happens to her?" she asked them with a harsher tone before walking close to where Namjoon stood.

"All of you insisting if it wasn't for him, she would've gotten hurt was also the reason why I wish she was the one who'd gotten hurt instead. She's always in the way—I'd be glad to see her hurt for once,"

Her friends gasped and glared at her in disappointment. She looked at each of them with the same displeasure before walking out of their dressing room, ignoring the staff who greeted her as well.

Areum felt nothing from her rude behavior towards her friends and telling them point blank how much she wished Iris the worse. In fact, she felt nothing that she was almost relieved.

The concert would start in an hour, and she volunteered to help the stylist dress up Jungkook for the concert, so she made her way towards the room where Jungkook was getting prepped up. The door was slightly ajar, so she casually stepped in but stopped on her feet abruptly. She stepped back and quietly rest her back against the wall of the ajar door.

"Why is it I heard you're still performing?" Iris asked Jungkook.

The two were alone in the room and Jungkook sat comfortably on the makeup chair as Iris stood beside her.

"My girlfriend—I meant the doctor, allowed me to perform."

Iris shuffled. "You're hurt! Everyone was worried and against you performing, you'd end up hurting yourself more."