chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

Song Areum

It was impossible for a renowned Hospital to have a hectic-free Emergency Room and nonexistent peevish patients

It was impossible for a renowned Hospital to have a hectic-free Emergency Room and nonexistent peevish patients. Given that, Areum went directly down to the ER after her 10 hour surgery from the OR.

She didn't mind checking in at the Emergency Room, she'd gotten used to it. Areum was never the one to idle around the hospital but for some reason, she already felt extremely exhausted just by the thought of even stepping into the Emergency Room.

She had been eating big meals in her free time these days as she was often starving, perhaps it was just the indigestion making her all nauseous and tired.

"Excuse me. You're a doctor, right?" a woman approached Areum in the ER reception desk just as she was checking on a patient file.

"Yes, how may I help you?" she forced a genuine smile as she faced the patient.

The woman was probably in her early twenties, she had silky bleached hair, cool-toned makeup and she wore stylish street clothes as she fiddled with her fingers.

"I'm—I think. . . I hurt myself," she then stretched her arm and pulled her sleeves higher.

Areum glanced down at the patient's arm, blood streamed and oozed out from a long and deep cut on the woman's forearm. She immediately sanitized her hands and slipped on disposable gloves before taking a big gauze from the counter and wrapped it around the patient's wound.

"Come with me," she led him to the nearest bay and sat her down on the bed, then grabbed the suture kit and placed the wounded arm on a leveled flat surface.

"How'd you get hurt? Did someone did this to you?" Areum asked while she prepared the Suture kit and replaced her gloves with sterile ones.

The patient shrugged on her question and remained oddly calm, her face didn't show any discomfort and pain. She just sat quietly and let Areum treat her.

"I like Iris and Jungkook together." the woman murmured all of a sudden. "Jin Ri is a good match for him too."

Areum halted for a brief second as she glanced up to meet her gaze before deciding to ignore the woman's confession.

"This is going to sting a little," she warned the patient as she gave her a shot of Lidocaine to numb her arms for stitches.

"No, it won't. . . but this would." the patient murmured with extreme contempt in her voice.

The next thing Areum knew, her torso hit the chair she sat on and her back hit the floor. Blood gushed from the side of her neck, the sight of her patient became blurry—she wasn't certain if it were tears that impaired her vision or she was already losing consciousness.