chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

Jeon Jungkook

The last time Jungkook was invited to the Song Residence, he didn't make it to dinner with Areum's parents due to the group's delayed flight

The second time around, he made sure to stay true to his words and went to their house fairly early in the evening of a weekend. One of the events he didn't want to be late in.

He was in good terms with her parents again—if he even was in the first place. The thing was, her mother acknowledged his presence now more than her father does.

They stayed for a while in the dining area after dinner, him and Areum, her parents as well as Da Reum who was recovering fast from his injuries and post-operative stitches. Da Reum ate well like Areum used to when she was his age.

Ever since Jungkook and Areum got together, she rarely had the stomach to eat as much as she used to. Not because she was watching her weight but solely because she was always too tired, she just wanted to sleep most of the time.

Fatigue was what he often saw in her eyes—despite the strong loving gaze she always had on him, he knew she was exhausted yet she kept working anyway because she loved what she was doing.

"The younger groups were making good use of your songs," SongPD regarded Areum as they finished their dessert of Chocolate Moose.

He was referring to the songs she'd written during the tour years ago—in exchange of a more lenient treatment to the members. It may seem like a small thing but it meant a lot for the members back then—to feel human, who's in control of their bodies for a while.

She had written so many songs for them that it was still being reformed and produced until now.

"Good for them, Appa." she shrugged and calmly leaned back on her seat. "I'm sure you've made a lot of revisions already, I barely contributed anything to it, not a big deal."

"Of course we did, but your work was our foundation. That says a lot, does it, Jungkook-ssi?" her father glanced in his direction.

He turned slightly to her side, studying her lack of interest expression. "You should be proud, you worked hard for it."

Jungkook managed to murmur softly beside her. She then turned to her mother who was watching them with endearing eyes, as if she enjoyed seeing her daughter with Jungkook for once.

"Can I help you, eommonim?" she asked her mother with a soft grin.

Nam Mee-Yeon, her mother gave both of them a bright smile before taking a sip of her hot tea.

"I'm just happy you're home. You never visit anymore, it's a good thing we have Da Reum." she shared.

It wasn't like Areum did not want to come home and visit her parents, it's just that Jungkook's place was far more convenient to sleep in after her long duty in the Hospital as it was only 10 minutes away from her work place. And ever since she got promoted in her Fellowship in the hospital, she rarely even went home at all.