chapter 30

CHAPTER 30

Jeon Jungkook

Jungkook and Areum went straight to the Hospital after the concert where an Orthopedic Surgeon checked up his injured leg

Jungkook and Areum went straight to the Hospital after the concert where an Orthopedic Surgeon checked up his injured leg. Good thing, there were no broken bones, just minor torn ligaments that would heal by itself with a booster shot given to him. He didn't have to get admitted to the hospital because of it.

When they got home, Areum wheeled him into their room, helped him wash up before guiding him to their bed. Pain was starting to take over his body and wounded leg.

"You need anything else?" she asked after tucking him in.

"Yeah, lay with me." he smiled weakly as he fiddled with her fingers.

Areum retrieved her hands from his when her phone rang in her pockets, a hard expression loomed over her face as she read the caller.

"Get some sleep, I have work to do." she told him, leaving a soft kiss on his lips—a very quick one that Jungkook barely felt her lips.

"Hey, give me an update." Areum spoke through her phone in English as she sprinted out of the room.

Work? She wasn't even tasked to work on their research—she was suspended and had no commitments in the hospital for over a month except her constant Medicine studies she did herself all day.

Areum had been staying up really late, who knows what she'd really been up to since she got out of the hospital—she never even rested properly.

She left the mourning part and regret to Jungkook because she chose to act like they didn't just lose anything—anyone.

Of course he was dejected. The kid was inside her and then it was gone. None of them had any idea it was even there in the first place. Jungkook promised her, the two of them would be enough in the future but it didn't mean having children never crossed their minds at some point. They love each other and they wanted more of them to love in the future.

He was heartbroken but he knew he had to stay firm and tall for Areum while she dealt with it her own way.

He glanced at the digital clock reflecting towards the ceiling. 2:47 am.

Who was calling Areum that late?

꒦꒷꒷꒦

~ two weeks later ~

While the whole members had a three-week break after their Label Concert, they all decided to make the best of their free time while it lasted. It would've been their last break before their World Tour in two months.

Namjoon went on a short trip with Sae Ri out of the country while Jin and Sung Kyung went on vacation with Jin's family.

Jimin would've asked Jungkook to fly out somewhere if he wasn't injured while Taehyung had a brief road trip with his actor friends.