chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

Jeon Jungkook

There had been a saying in the industry, 'Among the ten good deeds you've done, people will always remember that one mistake you did

There had been a saying in the industry, 'Among the ten good deeds you've done, people will always remember that one mistake you did.'

What was hard with fame was that people—wherever and whoever they may be, have the rights to voice out their opinions altogether in different platforms there exist. The internet was even more cruel than before, it was also why Jungkook never took interest in it. What goes around on the internet didn't really bother him except everything put out there was there forever. It was also the reason why some people—those who resented BTS so much, just couldn't let go of a major scandal he'd been involved with.

It had been months and he was still deemed 'the player' who played dirty, most often 'the idol who neglected a child'.

Jin Ri gave birth to a baby girl months ago. She still hasn't spoken about the Paternity Test Result that was released in public, never once did she clear the air so people would lay low from harassing them. Of course, no one could force a statement out of her, she just went radio silent after all that's happened.

Jin Ri was just as humiliated as Jungkook, no one could really blame her but even then, the child at least deserved a quiet childhood away from the media chaos.

"We were able to secure the front seats for your next performance," Manager Ye Jin informed them along with the rest of theirs managers.

The members and the staff all let out a heavy sigh of relief as their dressing room was then filled with whispers and unsolicited comments.

"Don't worry, they've been kicked out." Manager Ye Jin quietly informed Jungkook as he gave him a smile of sympathy before proceeding to do his job once again.

Jungkook took a seat on the makeup station as he let his stylist do a quick retouch on him.

They have just finished their first performance at an Award Show held in Seoul. It was their first appearance in an award show since they got discharged from the military.

"Good thing, we've got small plasters." one of his stylists remarked with a bright smile to lighten up the mood.

He returned a small smile before squinting his left eye as the deep cut on his cheekbone stung unexpectedly. His stylist carefully placed the plaster on his cut, apologizing briefly before telling another joke so he wouldn't think too much of it.

"I heard they weren't your fans," she assured him.

Clearly, he thought. He must have hurt and disappointed most of their ARMY from the pregnancy issue but none of them would hurt him—especially throw a sharp object on stage to cut him and chuck a severed head of an infant doll to insult him during a performance.