chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

S o n g  Areum

Seoul was usually cooler this time of year

Seoul was usually cooler this time of year. Sure, it can be scorching hot in summer but at least winter makes up for it. Areum loved winter more than the warm weather in Los Angeles and she loved being at the Hospital more than her own bedroom at home. She didn't mind the bed back at Jungkook's house though. She could be anywhere and be content just as long as Jungkook was with her.

Areum had been in Seoul for two weeks since she left Jungkook in LA and she started working instantly as soon as she got back home.

Choi Woo-Hyun was one of the people who weren't entirely happy seeing her back. Why would he? Something about Areum definitely irked the living hell out of him. He never liked the fact that she was way younger than him but already gained recognition more than he did. Or that she never mind getting scolded or getting emotionally threatened by him.

He didn't like how cold and nonchalant she was. Areum was one tough cookie to break. . . but recently, Choi Woo Hyun hasn't been acting like a complete ass like before.

In fact, he worked alongside her the whole day and not once did he raise his voice at her. They actually made a pretty good team. He was just a good doctor with a bad temper.

Lee Seung Jae used to be Areum's go-to senior and adviser but since he's packed with major operation schedules for weeks with the professors, she was forced to work in the ER to oversee her interns and residents since she got back.

She got even more busy and preoccupied with treating patients in the Emergency Room, prohibiting her from missing or thinking too much about Jungkook.

He called a lot, even when she's driving late after work. He'd keep her company until she arrived home safely. It was like she never left his side—only she did and they were thousands of  miles away from one another.

"Get some lunch," Woo-hyun bluntly informed her as he walked back from his own quick break.

Areum nodded slightly, quickly signing onto the discharge form of one of her patients. She then gave discharging instructions to the nurses before taking her mobile phone out and excusing herself from the Emergency Room.

Da Reum had asked her to meet him for lunch, he was probably waiting by the cafeteria in the Hospital. He wanted to eat in the Jjampong Restaurant he liked but Areum insisted they meet up in the Hospital Cafeteria just in case—if she's lucky, she'd eventually get called to assist one of Seung Jae or Professor Kim's major operations anytime.

She stepped into the canteen and was immediately greeted by the intensive smell of coffee, anti-disinfectant humidifier and the scent of Korean lunch.

The tables weren't as packed as it usually was, considering it was already late in the afternoon and most of the doctors, nurses and patient's guardians have already had their lunch.