chapter 37

CHAPTER 37

Song Areum

"Marry me."

Areum smiled in her dreams. She was at that couch, back in that Entertainment Room in Chicago where she and Jungkook first fell asleep unintentionally together on the couch and was woken up by the member's whispers. Instead of him, humming her a song to sleep, he had asked her to marry him. She had laughed at him in her dreams but if he had asked her in real life, she would have died happy being his wife at old age.

She felt her heavy lids struggling to peel open as the vision of the Hospital Room ceiling became blurry and a little distorted—she had no recollection of what had happened, only dreams and Jungkook's humming as she slept.

The sound of her vitals on the monitor was surprisingly not irritating, she could've sworn she heard it notifying that her body had failed homeostasis at some point.

"Oh god, my baby!" she heard her mother's trembling voice echoed twice in her ears.

Everything hurt. Not physically but she could feel her heavy chest impairing her to breathe.

A pair of gentle hands touched the skin near her eyes as a light was pointed straight at her pupils.

Her heart burned and her head was spinning, she could feel how fast her heart rate was before the monitors made a calm and slow sound of a stable vitals again.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" her mother asked, crying.

"Areum, can you hear us?" Seung Jae had asked her.

The room felt a little suffocating, like her walls were closing in and their voices were muffled.

She slowly moved her eyes to look for Jungkook, he was at the end of her bed, watching with wide and worried eyes—like the sight of her was killing him.

Like lightning, her strength came crashing back down her body and she could feel another dose of new technology running through her veins. She tilted her head back on the pillow as she caught her breath and her eyes fluttered fully open.

She breathed out through her mouth and finally had a clear view of her disoriented mother, emotionally tortured father, worried Seung Jae and a relieved Resident Doctor Choi Woo-Hyun.

Areum tried to sit up when her bed was adjusted up to support her body. Nam Mee Yeon went to her daughter and gently cupped each side of Areum's cheeks.

"I thought I lost you again," she said in a weak voice before leaving a kiss on Areum's forehead.

She frowned but weakly hugged her mother back with one heavy arm as her eyes got a full view on her once spacious room.