chapter 78

Chapter 78

Song Areum

Jungkook and Areum parted ways as soon as they came back from their short visit in Busan

Jungkook and Areum parted ways as soon as they came back from their short visit in Busan. He had to work, rehearse and fly out for their International schedule while she was stuck supervising her interns and residents in the ER. Opening someone's skull in the OR—not often as she did before while she was tasked to work on her Research Introduction for the opening of their New Research Study. If she's lucky, she could take the acceleration exams for the Attending position in a month and she'd finally catch up to being an Attending Surgeon like Seung Jae in no time, which meant a little more time for herself and her personal life—that is if she'd pass the exam, which she will because she never failed—at least that was the case when she hasn't yet developed any stressed-induced seizures and messed up emotions.

"Doctor Song, may I speak with you?" an olive skinned woman, Doctor Mahjid approached her with furrowed eyebrows and eager expression. "I do not agree with your Introduction regarding your Research proposal. I think you were being too forward and presumptuous,"

"I'm sorry?" Areum asked with an exhausted tone as she turned to face Doctor Mahjid who immediately shoved a file folder in her direction.

It didn't take long before Areum was the one with a deeper frown. She just finished a big surgery and had been keeping an eye on her stubborn 1st year residents all day, now she has to deal with Farah Mahjid's unnecessary and quite entitled criticisms about her work. Areum thought it was a great idea having someone close to her age share the same interest with her but ever since Doctor Mahjid came, Professor Kim has become more strict and observant towards her while everything Doctor Mahjid does was outstanding for him. Doctor Mahjid's ill opinions about what Areum believed in didn't help either, she had always been opposed to everything that involved Areum from the start. She had become more like her nemesis instead of a friend.

"Why do you have my paper?" Areum intended to sound superior despite having Doctor Mahjid three years older than her.

The atmosphere started creeping in on both sides and she felt suffocated having to face Mahjid's judgemental eyes for the hundredth time that day. Areum felt a familiar presence beside her, Choi Woo Hyun grabbed a chart to study but it was obvious he went there to eavesdrop.

"I will be participating in your Research. Professor Kim advised me to read your works and learn from you but I must say I am underwhelmed by your knowledge, it doesn't meet with my expectations and belief as a Doc—"

"It doesn't matter what your expectations are." Areum cut her off impatiently. "Professor Kim advised you to learn from me, that says I'm more than capable to learn from. If you have any concerns on my proposal—or any of my works, take it to Professor Kim. Because the last time I checked, the board members have always been more than impressed with my knowledge and achievements, not to mention, I'm still one of the best students of Professor Kim, not you."