chapter 99

Chapter 99

Jeon Jungkook

In the 7th month of Areum's pregnancy, it was deemed that the twins were healthy in her womb, vitals and heartbeat stable while she filed for a Maternity Leave since she was five and a half months pregnant to better focus her time, strength and at...

In the 7th month of Areum's pregnancy, it was deemed that the twins were healthy in her womb, vitals and heartbeat stable while she filed for a Maternity Leave since she was five and a half months pregnant to better focus her time, strength and attention in ensuring her babies' growth inside her. Jungkook has slowed down his own company's progress and focused on BTS' schedule for a while and mostly on his wife's safety and comfort.

Every night, he'd hold her tight, wait for her to sleep first, hummed songs in her ears and caress her pain away as she rest with a pained expression. One time, when she couldn't sleep and as she lay inbetween Jungkook's legs on their bed and his hands carefully massaging her upper limbs, Areum winced and further embed her head against his chest.

She'd murmured his name first. "Jungkook-ah,"

Jungkook kissed her cheeks and hummed in reply.

"I think I'm being punished—no, I think our twins got the repercussions of my wrongdoings in the past. I used to be too naive, too harsh and too violent. I've got no remorse for anyone. " she stated, her eyes gazed down as she squeezed his hands. "It's a miracle I got pregnant. I prayed so hard—I begged God to give me one more blessing, just this once. I wanted to be a mother, I wanted a complete family. I want to hold my child just like how my mother held me when I couldn't sleep. . . but what if Science just wasn't in favor of this miracle? What if it's my fault our baby is sick?"

There were many times—so many times he wanted to cry. He'd look at her, touch her, comfort her and still, the pain he felt was a million times worse that he just wanted to cry. . . but he couldn't—he wouldn't. Areum has gotten so weak. Jungkook knew he can't let himself be weaker than she already was. She needed him strong and mighty.

It was a Saturday when Jungkook's family came over to check up on Areum and help Jungkook settle some real estate lease while he takes care of his wife and working at home. Jungkook and Areum decided to get a house in a much quieter and safer neighborhood that the public and media wasn't too familiar with. Ever since their wedding, there were people who stay up all night and day outside their property. It was a good thing they haven't released any pictures or articles that stated Areum's pregnancy just yet. After all the lawsuits Jungkook and Areum's father have filed, the media was probably taking a break from harassing them for now.

While Jungkook's parents worked on the lease somewhere in between Itaewon and Gangnam, a visitor came over to keep them company as they rested in the living room. Jana and Yoongi often visited Areum and Jungkook with their daughter Yoon Na, who was growing quite fast. Her once thin ginger hair grew into thick and silky red-orange strands atop her head. Areum adored Yoon Na so much that she always cradled her close to her chest, eyes never leaving the angelic face of the baby in her arms. She'd always hum to the baby, or talk to her as if the infant already understood what she talked about—regardless, Jungkook was convinced Areum would give everything for their twins. If she was able to love Jana's child that much, he could only imagine how big her love was to their own children.