chapter 55

CHAPTER 55

Song Areum

There was a decent five-star restaurant near the Hospital Building that Areum worked at and she found herself having a medium-rare steak in one of the booths in the restaurant with her parents

There was a decent five-star restaurant near the Hospital Building that Areum worked at and she found herself having a medium-rare steak in one of the booths in the restaurant with her parents. It was lunch time, Woo Hyun took over her station while she got lunch with her parents who both visited the Hospital for their General checkup.

"Jungkook makes better steak, I tell you that much." Areum muttered after devouring her meal clean. "Ah, eomma. I'll be flying to Canada next month for the seminar, you're still coming with me, right?"

"Of course, sweetheart."

Her mother handed her a clean napkin. She knew her mother wanted to remind her of proper etiquette and table manners but refrained from doing so, they all knew she was recently deprived of fatty carbs that she loved while she recovered.

"That's a relief. I'll be joining Jungkook for the rest of their tour afterwards for a month, I already got permission from Professor Kim."

Nam Mee Yeon raised an eyebrow, "You're just telling us now? How come Professor Kim's being lenient with you these days?"

Professor Kim was waiting for her to fail, that was why. She'd never tell her patents that, though.

"*Geunyang," she answered with a forced smile.

Her mother snickered elegantly, "You are head over heels for Jungkook,"

"It's the other way around, eommoni. He's so in love with me—can't blame him though,"

She laughed with her mother like they were giddy bestfriends.

"Beautiful ring, uri ttal. Jungkook has a good taste choosing a ring," her mother complimented, admiring the vintage Jade engagement ring on her left ring finger.

"I should get him a gift too, what would be a good one, eomma?"

"Everything is about Jungkook now, is it?" her father asked bitterly. He'd been quiet the whole time and has just decided to speak.

Areum and her mother exchanged looks before one of them spoke up.

"Don't mind you father, he's just not comfortable handing your hand in marriage to anyone. He feels like he'd lose his rights to protect you," her mother stated.

Areum finished her fizzy water before glancing up to her father whose eyes refused to meet hers.

"You'll always have the upper hand in protecting me, appa." she assured him. "You'd just have someone to help you love and protect me now. Jungkook is a great man, that's what you told me when you first found out we were dating."