chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

Jeon Jungkook

The night sky in the countryside had always been darker, clearer and somehow more peaceful

The night sky in the countryside had always been darker, clearer and somehow more peaceful. Everything about it was calm and cleaner, unlike the busy streets of Itaewon and the loud dusty life of Seoul.

If life hadn't turned out the way it did, Jungkook wondered if he'd notice how beautiful life could be away from the spotlight.

He had come to love what he does though. Jungkook fell in love with music and their supporters. The life he was living was the only life he knew how to live and he doesn't regret it. How could he? It was full of a bittersweet journey. . . and the sweet being of a woman in the living room.

The one with dark silky hair, pale skin, small innocent eyes, clear skin, captivating smile with a glowing personality. She who had fury and love, fire and water that eased his colds and thirst. She who made his soul whole and his life, worth living again.

Areum wore her BT21 pjs—Tata's character as he favorite. It was a new limited edition batch of the line and she spent her money mostly on brands that BTS advertised. Earlier, she wore her favorite FILA coat to warm herself on her way to Jungkook.

He hasn't seen her dress up in designer's clothes in years. But she has never been as beautiful as she was now. She matured, slightly tired—no, excessively tired but it didn't show. Areum still looked firm and sophisticated even if she was wearing cartoon character pajamas beside another woman who wore silk designer nightwear.

How did I get this lucky? Jungkook often asked himself when he looks at Areum or when she was in his embrace. Not only was she beautiful but she had the biggest heart too. There was no one else who would love and support him as much as Areum would.

She was on her laptop again, Areum promised she'd catch up with Jungkook but she stayed in the living room with Sae-Ri.

Jungkook watched them by the kitchen as he drank his nighttime tea. He's learned to love tea because of Areum.

He didn't know how long but he'd been watching Areum for a while. How she silently laughed as she fixed her eyes on the screen, scrunching her nose as she gazed momentarily at Sae-Ri, the one who was sitting beside her—laughing too, a secretive laugh, as if they didn't want anyone to hear them.

All the members proceeded to their respective rooms, unintentionally leaving the girls on their own in the living room.

"Taehyung used to be funny," Sae-Ri stated.

"Now, he's just cranky." Areum grinned, still clueless that Jungkook was watching her closely. "I watch these when I miss them,"

A smile formed Jungkook's lips, he missed her smile, her soft chuckle and innocent expressions.