chapter 97

CHAPTER 97

Jeon Jungkook

"Nice haircut, oppa

"Nice haircut, oppa."
"Oppa, bogoshipoyo!"
"Jungkook-ssi, gwenchana? You're doing alright now, right?"
"Don't be sad anymore, stop worrying too. It's okay,"
"We didn't love you any less too, you know. Please, don't forget that. Fighting, Jungkook-ah!"

Words of which most of the fans who came in the Fanmeeting have strengthened Jungkook a lot more than he'd imagined. They glided in front of him, table in between, albums and pictures to sign his autograph on—those were just backgrounds. The real deal was the ARMY who held his hands tight while they talked for just a few seconds. He was supposed to make them feel better but it was the other way around. They made him feel complete again. 

Jungkook wiped a tear that slipped his sensitive eyes as he read the notes and letters of their supporters. It wasn't much but it was from home. He sat alone in the lounge adjacent to their dressing room, the members must've seen him getting emotional so instead of going to console him like usual, they decided to give him the privacy he needed. In a way, they understood he needed time alone to process what was on the letters.

"Don't worry too much, they've all been wanting to see you too." Areum had told him before the members stepped on the stage to perform their introduction song.

She was right. He shouldn't have been worried too much. Their fans cared them too much to unlove them just because the members fell in love with another human being. They've all been through a lot together—BTS and ARMY. He should have known what they had was stronger than love itself. The ARMY's acceptance of the next step of his life was not the end of what they've built for more than a decade. It was only the beginning.

Once his eyes stopped watering, his nose stopped stinging and his heart beat soundly again, he decided to place some gifts and letters into the duffel bag he'd bring home later on. He was sure he'd start crying again when he gets home but he had to save that for later as the members and their partners was invited to the Barbecue Dinner in the Song Residence. Areum's parents liked throwing dinners often, perhaps it was because Areum's friends happened to be good friends of her father too.

Jungkook placed the strap of his bag over his shoulders as he cleaned his face free from remnants of tears. He stepped out of the black curtain and saw Hoseok and Zara packing up Hoseok's stuff too.

"Annyeong," Zara greeted him with a smile as she finished cleaning up after Hoseok.

"Where are the others? Did you guys see my wife?" Jungkook muttered as he sniffed the last tears quietly.

Hoseok smiled brightly as usual. "Outside. Namjoon and Jin are already on the way to SongPD's house,"

Jungkook nodded before heading out of the room only to come back with an innocent look. "Hyung, you're both coming to dinner, right?"