chapter 90

CHAPTER 90

Song Areum

"Everyone's talking about you recently, Doctor Superstar

"Everyone's talking about you recently, Doctor Superstar." Doctor Lim waited for Areum outside the OR as she finished an Emergency Surgery to a patient from a car collision accident

They walked beside each other as soon as she stepped out of the Operating Room, stretching out her neck and limbs.

A small smirk formed her face as she pressed the elevator button.

"You're even more lucky to have been invited to this superstar's wedding," she rode onto their banter as they stepped inside the elevator.

He scoffed humorously and pressed the  Neurosurgery floor but Areum pressed the button again to cancel and decided to head onto the floor below to check up on the residents and interns.

"I didn't see any patient's relatives waiting up there," she suddenly brought up as they stepped out of the lift.

"I heard your patient is all the way from Jeju, I think his family is still on the way. One of your fellows assisted you, why don't you go home and let her discuss the surgery with the family when they get here?" he suggested.

Areum stopped outside the Intern's lounge and faced her friend with a raised eyebrow.

Hyeon gave her an obvious look. "You're not even supposed to be here. If it weren't a major surgery, the Director wouldn't have even called you. You're still on a break, you should be somewhere with your husband—especially now that you're both hot topics of the century."

"You sound like my best friend Jana. And yes, I will go straight home to my husband after terrorizing my interns." she gave him a manly smack on the shoulder before a disturbing sound caught her attention.

A loud thud echoed from the inside of the lounge all the way to the hallway outside, a commotion filled with superiority and gibberish rang in her ears. It didn't take a second for her to realize what was going on inside the lounge. She stormed inside abruptly in her scrub suit and neat hair bun straight from surgery to put an end to the childish attitudes of the Interns.

Inside, Areum and Hyeon found a crowd of Interns, men and women, ganging up on one of them over their lockers. The girl looked like she was shoved forcefully hard in a corner and she looked beyond scared from her own peers. Areum recognized her from the recent surgery she just finished. The Intern was dismissed early because she was called to another surgery in the Pediatric Department—given that the Attendings were already eyeing the intern, she must have been doing well already. Despite that, she looked like an abused puppy among the interns.

"What's going on here?" she asked, though it was clear what was happening. Areum just wanted one of them to step up and admit what they did—if in case there was even one bystander in the group at least to do just that.