chapter 75

CHAPTER 75

Jeon Jungkook

The team building event eventually came to an end

The team building event eventually came to an end. Jin's Team had the most wins—as expected. He always had luck winning games besides being quite wise himself. He always tends to play and compete using his head rather than use greed to win. Jungkook, on the other hand, prioritized winning rather than thinking straight. Taehyung was a whole level of competitive though, he was nowhere near accepting when it comes to losing but he did get over it quickly—by that, it meant a few hours or so, that was already the minimum.

When they got home, Areum decided to take a quick shower in the other bathroom outside their room, claiming she had a paper due in the evening and she had to send it through email before the deadline. Jungkook assumed she was still being tightly monitored in the Hospital—just to make sure she wouldn't make any mess again. He felt bad for her because part of the reason why she'd been having trouble at work was because of the mess related to him. It didn't only left her scarred on the inside, it got her a tougher place at work too.

After his own shower, he decided to run himself a warm bath in the bathtub to calm his nerves a little longer. The water in the tub was like clouds engulfing his tensed physique—he felt high as the clouds as he closed his eyes and breathed out calmly.

They haven't been talking like normal. Areum was still kind of giving him the silent treatment even if she already announced their engagement to a stranger.

His one euphoric state wandered off as his body eased up under water, feeling it crawl and hug every inch of his skin so gently it almost made him fall asleep. The smell of fresh scented soap neither floral nor masculine scent of the bubble bath, reminded him of the early years of his career, the hotel rooms when he was 20, the bathroom with separate tub and shower or how his own bedroom back then felt more foreign than those of the hotel beds on Tour.

He was on the verge of slumber when he heard the water quietly swashed around him and a pair of smooth legs straddled each side of his waist. His eyes fluttered open from the sudden warmth on top of him. Areum had joined him in the bath and laid her head on top of his chest, her damp hair was up on a loose bun and her right hand rest gently on top of his chest.

She let out a sigh and nuzzled her body closer to his. Her skin was smooth as silk, divine as a dream and warm as the fireplace in the winter. Her body fits perfectly with his as he placed a hand on her waist while the other drew small circles at the small of her back. They weren't being sexual nor did he have his hardness inside her—they were just there, soaked in the bath and warmed against each other's arms. It was those times he wished time would slow down.

"I'm sorry," she suddenly stated. "I was so out of place and acted stupidly about Namjoon and Sae Ri. I shouldn't have brought up your past too, it was unfair to you."