chapter 95

CHAPTER 95

Jeon Jungkook

There are some people who get forced to make an abrupt decision between whose life to save—the mother or the child's

There are some people who get forced to make an abrupt decision between whose life to save—the mother or the child's. There are instances where they were left to decide quick and in those seconds, it was torture. Those who were put in that position probably wondered why they were punished that way. How could a father choose between the life of his wife and his own child?

"You are not putting me in that position, Areum." Jungkook firmly stated as they stood in their living room facing each other with different convictions.

The lights were dimmed low and the tension between him and his wife was way over the ceiling. She was an alpha but so was he.

"And I'm not getting any more surgeries." she spoke with crossed arms.

He paced around the room, briefly pulling on his hair before he stepped close in her direction, veins protruding on his neck and arms in frustration.

"Fine. We'll settle on another alternative," he dismissed quickly. "I'm not losing you. Not again."

She instantly glared in his direction. "The only option we have is a surrogate, I will not let someone else carry my own baby. It's like you're robbing me off of my right to bear my own child,"

Jungkook cursed low in his breath as he squeezed his eyes shut for a second. "You're not being rational. You've stopped taking your meds even before our wedding, sooner or later you'd be curled up on the floor in so much pain—how much more can you take if you get pregnant? How much pain do you want?"

Areum stepped back and slowly loosened her walls by untangling her crossed arms over her chest. The look of dominance faded on her ground as she slowly studied his intense expression.

"I'd get the surgery, then what?" She spoke weakly. "There'd only be five to ten percent possibility of conceiving then. It meant very slim to none chance of me being able to conceive ever."

He tried to hold her hand—what was he doing? Areum was obviously beyond devastated from their miscarriage then. It's always been a sensitive topic to her and yet here he was, opposing and invalidating her feelings and opinion.

She let him touch her but she didn't respond. Areum stood vulnerable in front of him but she was not craving his touch either. Perhaps it was because he'd unintentionally shown her he had no plans on comforting her from the start.

"It's either pain or being rational and I choose pain." She dismissed the topic quickly. "It's my body, I know what I can take. I've had worse pains, I can do this."

Jungkook stepped back from her and turned his back away from the sight of her stubborn persona. He rolled his tongue on the insides of his cheek as he held back the tears of frustration.