chapter 54

CHAPTER 52

Jeon Jungkook

"I've been looking up cross-breeds of Poodle and Pomeranian on the internet, should I keep all the puppies? They're really cute," Taehyung innocently stated over the video call he initiated about an hour ago

Unlike Jana, Taehyung was more understanding and excited upon finding out that their pets were having puppies.

"Doesn't your family already have too many pets in Daegu?" Jungkook asked.

"Then why don't you adopt one from the litter, don't you want one cute puppy? I'd give them to you for free. Nevermind Jana,"

Jungkook snickered as he pet Molly on his lap, one moment she was aloof and the other, she wouldn't leave his side.

"Areum and I can't possibly take care of a puppy. She has work and I'm on the road all the time,"

Taehyung shrugged on the screen before scrolling back down onto his phone. Areum left for her shift three days ago and said she'd be home anytime soon.

"She left you again with the dogs by yourself?" Taehyung suddenly asked.

"You think I can't take care of them by myself?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

"No. Just worried." Taehyung immediately denied. "She's never around, is she?"

Jungkook used to find Areum's job a bit unfair too. She'd be around one minute and the next, she'd be quick to her feet and back in the Hospital. There were many times, she'd just stepped foot inside their front door and another phone call from work would demand her to run back. Jungkook used to hate how he never saw her often as he should but recently and after all they've been through, he suddenly stopped acknowledging negative views on small inevitable things that surrounded them. He was glad she was doing what she loves and in return, she was supporting him on pursuing more of his dreams.

"Stop brainwashing my fiancée," a familiar voice suddenly came into Jungkook's studio in their house. "I heard everything."

Areum walked in, freshly showered and wearing comfy sweats and an old t-shirt while cradling Yeontan in her arms. She always washed up straight from work before going around the house or anywhere near Jungkook and both the dogs—she believed she was always carrying harmful microorganisms from the Hospital.

"I haven't even said anything yet," Taehyung murmured and rolled his eyes before placing his face closer to his laptop screen. "Aigoo, Tannie, you're going to be a Dad again—are Jungkookie and Areum taking good care of you?"

"You bet," she answered for Yeontan as she sat down on Jungkook's lap and placed the old pup near the camera.

"Then I don't have to go to the vet soon?" Taehyung asked.