chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

Song Areum

2 trauma surgeries

2 trauma surgeries. 1 transplant surgery. 3 assisted surgeries in one day.

50 hours in the ER, 20 in the OR. Evaluation complete, results will be out in a week.

Areum smiled to herself as she stepped out of the hospital, her palm linked at the back of her neck as she tried to put soft pressure on the tensed muscles on her back. Her life was slowly going back to normal. What was a normal life to her anyway?

She clasped her shoulder bag close as she opened her eyes to meet the dark skies in Seoul. There weren't any stars but the plain dark canvass above was enough to calm her nerves.

Areum stood by the waiting area in the corner of the hospital as she waited for Da Reum to pick her up, she insisted on working immediately after her own surgery but unfortunately it was only practical that she still got someone to drive her home and to work.

Her family's chauffeur were all given a permanent job in his father's company, so from time to time, Da Reum was the one driving her to work and back home. She couldn't exactly ride a taxi or pay a stranger to drive her personally to their house because she was a hot topic around Seoul recently.

Areum stood as she waited for Da Reum, where on earth is that kid anyway—she started wondering herself.

A good nagging was what he needs these days. For the first time that day, she reached inside her bag to retrieve her personal phone. It had no messages, whatsoever.

Not even a reply from Da Reum when she texted him her shift ended half an hour ago. That kid, she hissed at herself. She'd always been impatient.

Her thumb swiftly tapped her screen to send Da Reum another message.

Areum
𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝟻 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜

A small bubble indication popped up below her text, showing that Da Reum was already typing. She raised an eyebrow, not only was the kid late but apparently, he's also texting while driving.

Da Reumie
𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝚗𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚊. 𝙼𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚘𝚘 ^.^𝚟

What the fuck.

Areum tightened her grip on her thin mobile phone as she pressed the icon to call Da Reum.

She had to walk for 20 minutes to catch a bus but even then, she'd miss the bus schedule at this rate.

Her phone rang for quite awhile as she stood irritated and impatient outside the hospital. Da Reum responded quickly enough through text and he wouldn't even pick his phone this urgent?