chapter 66

CHAPTER 66

Song Areum

To Song Areum, dancing was nearly as satisfying and exciting as saving a life

To Song Areum, dancing was nearly as satisfying and exciting as saving a life. Making a song was once a burden to her at a young age but never dancing—the art of her happiest soul, it was healing. It spoke the language of emotion that her mouth couldn't express. When she danced, her soul rejoiced and eased to safety. She loved how her brain interacts with arts and her body, that itself felt like it healed her own neurological and physiological concerns.

Her therapist claimed another way to cope with change and move forward was to step out of her comfort zone. After the interaction she's had with people of different races who shared the same interest in Medicine from the convention in Canada, she realized people weren't as terrible as she thought they've always were and she only noticed that now because she was finally embracing change. Inch by inch, she was becoming better and more deserving to be loved.

Medicine and Surgery was her current and forever comfort zone—Art, Music and Dancing were safe havens that she'd left and forgotten a long time ago, hence when her father requested that she prepare a performance in the upcoming BH's Anniversary after hearing her song and Jungkook's melody, she was quick to turn the offer down. However after a long contemplation, she knew in the back of her head it didn't matter what she loved doing now or what she turned out to be—Music and Dancing had been a big part of her.

When Jungkook asked her why she didn't told him sooner that she was performing, her answer was, "Because I was afraid I'm not good enough anymore,"

She closed her eyes as she twirled her upper body into a wave down and ending with a pose, finishing the song. That's when she felt it—the artist in her. Artists are healers too, she told herself before collapsing on her bottoms, catching her break after hours of rehearsals in the crack of dawn.

    "It's like you've still been dancing every day for years,"

Mr. Son regarded and she opened her eyes and accepted the water bottle he handed her after their rehearsal.

    "Did I do a good job?" she asked, seeking approval. She never begged for someone else's opinion of her work but recently, she'd been needing assurance about what she was capable of outside Medicine.

    "You did very well. You learn fast," he assured her.

A smile formed her lips, relieved and exhausted at the same time—but the good kind, sort of like the feeling after an intense workout, it was painful and hard but it was rewarding.

Mr. Son's assurance meant more than the stars in the galaxy. He won major awards for all the stage and dance choreography that BTS performed. Even the smaller groups who was just starting out or already started under the BH Label won awards based on the performance that Mr. Son came up with. Maybe he was just being nice by telling her she did well but regardless, she still earned praise from a legend like him. That was enough.