chapter 80

CHAPTER 80

Song Areum

The exams for the Attending position came and Areum was one of the first early birds in the exam hall, eager to get the test over with and return to the comforts of their home and rest

The exams for the Attending position came and Areum was one of the first early birds in the exam hall, eager to get the test over with and return to the comforts of their home and rest. While most of them got to have long periods of time out of surgery practice to study for the test, Areum was juggling herself from checking up with their Research, taking more surgery cases for practice, studying the Hospital Branch she'd be transferring to while preparing for her acceleration exams in the process. She have grown to accept neglecting time for herself the past weeks, because once everything was done and successfully over with, she could spend as much time out of the corners of the Hospital for a while.

"You're early," a familiar voice woke her up from her thoughts as the man sat one seat away beside her.

"Doctor Lim. I see, you're taking the test too." She greeted him with a small bow. He did the same and gave her a smile.

"I wasn't able to take it last year," he informed her. "Are you ready? Wait, don't answer that. I'm sure you are,"

She studied him briefly, his words didn't immediately sink into her because she was too distracted with her own thoughts. A forced smile formed her lips nonetheless and they both got ready for the first part of the Exam.

🌺

"I rented a small villa this weekend, everyone's going and you better be there. Jungkook won't go if you won't," Taehyung informed her on the phone just as when she got out of the Exam Hall.

She barely slept and hasn't seen Jungkook for days too. He didn't come to visit her even if he wanted to because Areum insisted she had too many tasks to do and won't be able to return the same amount of effort and time he'd provided her. Jungkook used to visit her regardless but perhaps he knew she already had enough on her plate and the last thing she needed was the pressure of him taking care of her stressed state at work. Areum loved that about Jungkook—he never hovered and forced what he liked. He always respected her wishes.

"Ai—shiro. . . Jungkook and I are visiting home in Busan this weekend. I have a week off after today," she told him after yawning and massaging the back of her neck. The three-day exams took longer than she expected.

"You're not spending a whole week in Busan, are you?" Taehyung scoffed on the other line. "You two are always visiting his parents anyway. Can't you make an exception this weekend? Mmh? Areumie—" he started talking slowly and softly in a very unsolicited adorable voice, the kind he knew Areum couldn't resist.

"Arasso, arasso. We'll go, now leave me alone." she then ended the call and slipped her phone inside her coat pocket.

Areum developed a habit where she'd close her eyes as she walked or even standing whenever she's extremely tired and sleep deprived—then she'd open her eyes again and instantly feel a little more relieved and energized. She knew it was her mind tricking herself but it really doesn't matter, the mind trick worked as far as she's concerned.