chapter 47

CHAPTER 47

Song Areum

—— 3 weeks later ——

—— 3 weeks later ——

Jungkook eventually flew to Los Angeles the same night after Areum's irrational approach to his past.

He was right, she thought. Her resentment and toxicity was short-lived and as soon as she woke up the next morning, tears escaped and soaked her face inevitably and she immediately called her bestfriend Jana. Without Jungkook, Jana was the next person she felt most at ease. Areum didn't want her family to see her break down like she hasn't had enough of it because it was harder for them to see her a mess. Her therapist encouraged her to never deal with her emotions alone—in her case, she couldn't trust herself with her own emotions and needed someone to look after her in case she gets another seizure.

She hurt Jungkook and their relationship was never constant because she was a mess. A big fucking mess.

While he was away, she decided to focus more on getting better. That includes going to therapy twice than usual.

"You need to learn to confront your triggers without letting your emotions get the best of your rationality," her therapist had said in their last session.

What was her trigger? Jealousy for one.

First, she decided to check on Park Eun Ji and confront one of her triggers.

Lee Seung Jae accompanied her, just in case.

"How are you feeling?" Areum asked her patient with a forced smile.

Park Eun Ji smiled at her, "Better now. All thanks to you, Dr. Song."

Areum nodded as she looked down. She was afraid if she looked at her, the woman would see the hate and jealousy in her eyes.

"Doctor Song?" the patient spoke softly. "I haven't seen you in a while, did you continue your trip that was cut short?"

No, Areum was just completely avoiding Park Eun Ji for weeks and ordered Choi Woo Hyun to take over her case for the time being.

Areum glanced at her patient and remembered why she was there. Part of the confrontation you need to do was to be honest, she heard her therapist emphasized in her head.

"I remember now why you look familiar to me," Park Eun Ji suddenly added. "I've seen you in couple articles online. . . you—you're a friend of Jungkook from BTS, right?"

Areum furrowed her eyebrows as she clenched her jaw, avoiding her aggressive thoughts get the best of her rationality. She felt Seung Jae placed a supporting hand at the small of her back and leaned in to whisper.