chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Jeon Jungkook

11:57 pm. It was dark out. Los Angeles was still as busy—even busier than it was the last time Jungkook had been in the City.

It was fascinating to watch the traffic down and outside the highest floor of the hotel they were staying at. The sports cars, trucks and Jeeps looked helplessly tiny on the part of the Hotel where he stood. Six years ago, the streets were a little quieter. Now, people seemed to have been more free, they seem to never get tired.

How come he—who just had the best night of his life last night, had lost the strength to breathe?

He had been suffocated all day. It killed him to keep something from the woman he loves and cares deeply for. But how can he break such a news to Areum? He just got her back. He was not planning to lose her anytime soon—not at all.  Not again.

None of the members knew about the controversy slowly circling around South Korea currently, perhaps except Manager Ye Jin and Mr. Son but the management had still been working to contain the unsupported claim of Jin Ri to the Public.

Nonetheless, there was no point to ignore the inevitable. Sooner or later, everyone would know about the pregnancy. Areum would eventually find out too.

Their fans, the ARMY—they'd be hurt just as much, wouldn't they? It would be like ripping their trust all over again. Only this time, Jungkook had to make a choice. If it turned out the child was really his, he'll have to let go of his dreams and their fans.

He glanced up at the dark clouds, the stars were not as bright. Areum liked looking at the night sky, even if there weren't any stars up above. She just likes the color of the empty canvas that was the sky, or how the night smelled like him—as per her own words and how for some reason, night time bring her peace.

Jungkook should have watched the empty skies instead of the fuming vehicles and honks of expensive cars downtown. The stars calmly stood in place, it was calmer than the chaos of the traffic. At this point, he was just trying to think of anything to rid him off of the mess he caused.

The sound of his phone disrupted his messy thoughts. He quickly reached for his phone, assuming Areum was the one calling after she went with Hueningkai to the hospital.

Mr. Kim. It wasn't her who was calling him.

"Mr. Kim," he answered the phone bluntly.

"How are things there?" Mr. Kim asked in his monotone voice.

Jungkook walked towards his and Areum's bed, sitting down on the edge with cold hands and feet. His heart started beating quicker, sweat started forming on the nape of his neck as he struggled to find the words to speak. What else could he say? What can he do to fix the mess he made?