chapter 65

CHAPTER 65

Jeon Jungkook

"I think I can manage a couple hours by myself, my mother already agreed

"I think I can manage a couple hours by myself, my mother already agreed." Areum chuckled on the other line while her beautiful face was on video call.

She was flying early to join the tour and parted with her mother in the airport who had a direct flight back to Seoul while Areum booked hers to Osaka, Japan where the rest of BTS Team and members were. For some reason, she bought a flight three days earlier than she was supposed to.

"I know that, I talked to your mother and you're not even supposed to be travelling alone. What did you say to your mom that convinced her to let you?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

It took more than a consistent and persistent begging to make her mother consider her flying alone given her health risk.

"I'm fine, stop freaking out." she grinned as she looked ahead while walking inside the airport. "I'm boarding now, I'll see you soon."

Jungkook lets out a sigh. "I'll get someone to fetch you."

She nodded, said she loved and missed him before ending the call without waiting for his response. Song Areum—that stubborn woman, he thought.

The staff gathered the members around for lunch after spending the whole morning rehearsing. The second day of their concert was the next day and some members had gotten their hair trimmed for a change. Jimin cut his hair and dyed it dark black while Namjoon chose a light shade of hazel with a pink tone. Jungkook decided to dye his hair back to jet black at the last minute and let it grow long for a while.

"Nice hair," Jana complimented as she took a seat beside him on the lunch table. "Areum likes men with short black hair, you know."

"But my hair's long," Jungkook stated with a confused look.

She gave him a shrug though her lips hid a sly and taunting smirk. Areum never complained about his long hair nor would she ever tell him what to do with his body but he didn't mind cutting his hair for her if she'd said so.

"Luke once cut his hair short and almost dyed it jet black because Areum told him he looked like a caveman with long hair," Jana murmured as Yoongi and Hoseok sat with them.

Jungkook glared at her. "You're so bored you started picking on me."

The smirk on her face was wiped out as she lets out a quiet sigh. "I'm so fuckin' bored, eh?" she mimicked Areum's accent as she placed her fork down.

"I can't pick on Yoongi, he barely moves as he is and Namjoon's aloof these days, I can't bully him when he's all sad and quiet—what's up with him anyway?"

Jungkook cleared his throat as the rest of their friends settled into the table with their lunches. Namjoon ate his salad quietly, his eyes never leaving his phone as he scrolled down. He was either writing songs or lurking in the internet, he refused to talk to any of the members regarding his breakup with Sae Ri, although they might have a clue what had happened already.

"Eat your lunch, Jana." Yoongi muttered and intertwined his hand with her.

She shrugged and dropped the topic without any more questions.

Lunch went fast and quiet except Jimin's constant whining towards Taehyung and Jungkook to join him later tonight for a drink.

Jungkook had declined immediately, having in mind that his fiancée would arrive late if not earlier the next day and Taehyung never liked drinking, he's got sensitive taste buds like Areum but both had a big appetite at the same time.

As they were getting ready to leave the stadium around 8 in the evening, Mr. Son—their good friend and performance director since the beginning, took the time to walk beside Jungkook. When he smiles, he looked exactly like his first born. Areum liked that kid the best, perhaps it was because she always liked Mr. Son too.

"I've been talking to Areum lately," he shared as they walked towards their rides right out back. "She wanted to start rehearsing immediately, is it safe for her to do heavy physical rehearsals already?"

"Rehearse for what?" he asked casually without thinking too much, mainly because his head was somewhere else. Areum.

"The Company Anniversary in a month, she'd be performing too. Didn't she tell you?" Mr. Son asked before a grin formed his face. "Looks like I ruined a surprise—mianhada," and then he was gone as he walked past and into his own ride.

Jungkook immediately frowned as he slowed his pace while his brain attempted to wrap his head around what he just heard.

Song Areum and a Live Performance on stage in front of a huge crowd? That was hot and exciting. . . except she resented it—or does she still? What was going on in that woman's head these days?

🍂

It was about half past eleven at night when Areum arrived in the hotel room she shared with Jungkook. He made sure to stay up until she came and they hugged each other for a very long time—she smelled sweet and fresh with the faint scent of the plane's air freshener. As he held her and whispered sweet words in her ears, the zoo in his stomach erupted without notice. They've been together over two years and it still felt like they were new couples over the moon whenever they reunite after a few weeks and months of not seeing each other. He was about to marry her but she still gives him butterflies unannounced.

After catching up, she instantly took a shower to wash off her weariness and jet lag before joining Jungkook on the bed. She wore a silk nightdress that he's never seen before as she tucked herself under the covers and into his arms.

"Don't you look gorgeous," he complimented before catching a scent of her lavender body wash.

"It's the dress," she chuckled. "My mother forced me to get these in Canada, it'd be a waste if I didn't wear them."

Jungkook smirked and hugged her tighter as she rested her cheek on his chest. "You don't have to explain why you're seducing me,"

She scoffed and smacked his bare chest lightly. "Get over yourself."

He snickered and left a kiss on top of her head as his thoughts went to the only thing he'd been thinking about all night.

"Song Areum," he muttered.

She frowned at the mention of her full name as she glanced up at him on a propped elbow. Jungkook only called her by her name when he's mad or wanted to talk seriously.

"Why didn't you tell me you're performing for the anniversary?" he asked.