chapter 60

CHAPTER 60

Jeon Jungkook

Days went fast and blurry, in two weeks the boys would be back on the road to finish off their World Tour Concert in four more countries

Days went fast and blurry, in two weeks the boys would be back on the road to finish off their World Tour Concert in four more countries. Jungkook had been busy working on his mixtape and writing songs with Areum for her father.

She'd been in a slump lately, her words were elegant but she couldn't make her own melody and it was making her extremely impatient. She used to make songs faster than most artists. To her, it was a shame how she was able to produce well-written lyrics and catchy melodies in a short period of time years ago only to lose track of it when she needed it most.

They were both in Jungkook's Office in the BH Entertainment Building, working on the progress she had so far as he adjusted some tones on the raw melody she came up with while she sat on the swivelling chair beside him, crossed arms over her chest and eyebrows pulled tight together in the middle.

"It's shit," she said.

He let out a sigh as he turned to face her and studied the frustration on her face but admiring the beauty upon it. She was beautiful even when she frowns and pouts—even more so when she smiles.

"Making music used to be as easy as breathing," she buried her face over palms before kicking the floor in frustration.

She was pissed but mostly sad that she couldn't do the things she was great at before. Jungkook improved a lot in his field but that was because it was both his job and passion, he was in constant practice doing Music both at work and in his free time. Areum hasn't been making music for over six years, she's gotten excellent with her medical skills and handling surgical instruments but not musical instruments by a lot.

"I think it sounds good already, it doesn't have to be perfect." he said with an amusing smile before she looked up at him with a frown.

"But I was perfect in my Father's eyes—good is not enough. I used to make flawless music when I was younger, my father wants that kind of piece. He deserves a perfect Areum, the one he and my mother raised."

Jungkook remained calm, she was upset because she wasn't resonating with her own work, she was making it for the sole purpose of her listener but what about herself? Seven years ago, Areum was the one who told him he needed to find a deeper connection between himself and his work to convey the beauty and genuine purpose of his works to the listeners—she had lost that touch of hers.

"I think you're underestimating your father and yourself to say the least. Hasn't it occurred to you that maybe, the reason why he loved your works so much was because you wrote and made it yourself from scratch, perhaps it wasn't always about the outcome but because of who made it."

She squinted her eyes at him briefly. "Are you saying I'm not talented as I thought I was?"

"Fuck no. You are talented, baby." he instantly spoke. "You won a lot of championships in the Music Industry at such a young age, you are gifted but what I'm trying to say is, your father cares more about you as a person more than the things you're capable of—so, it's fine if you think your song wasn't perfect. It's already more than good enough for him."