chapter 79

CHAPTER 79

Jeon Jungkook

Change is a challenge—however it was inevitable and necessary. Life goes hand in hand with change and the world has been created to adapt. When Jungkook was younger, he wished recognition and his movie-like lifestyle wouldn't end but when he got older, more experienced and a little more mature, he knew at some point there were far more important things than fame.

He started producing music outside BTS for other artists in the industry a few months back—he wasn't as precise and strict as Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi but he was good. The other day, he finalized a contract for his own Performing Arts label for aspiring musicians and Idols. Never in his early twenties did he think he'd built a Music label of his own at 30 years old. It wouldn't be active for a few years but he was making all the preparations ready for the best interest of the trainees. It's time he helped kids like him and maybe some of them would end up living a life he did—a hard one but definitely worthwhile. He was getting married soon, it was the perfect time to take responsibilities on reality.

"Everything went well with the contract signing yesterday?" SongPD asked as he and Jungkook sat at the dining table of the Song Residence.

"Yes, sir. It went smoothly," he answered proudly.

When he and Areum weren't in Busan visiting his family during their time off work, both of them would spend their weekends with her family. Truly, they've never been this close and delightfully affectionate towards their families until they got together. He used to always forgot to visit his parents in Busan and rarely came home due to his busy schedule in Seoul and in the West. Areum always worked in the Hospital and their Research or writing her self-help books and contemporary poetries. It was only now, they were both frequently visiting each other's families when they had the chance. Being together drove them closer to their families for the better.

"You've really grown up, kid." SongPD stated with a relieved smile. "But I'm glad you still don't mind us spoiling you as the youngest. The members still are overprotective of you but I'm sure they were more proud of you now than scared you might get hurt."

Most people only see what he did wrong in the past. The members—his brothers, always saw nothing but the good things and flying colors of achievements he's ever done. He will always be precious to them, Jungkook was perfect in their eyes and at times it was a lot of pressure but mostly, it was more so reassuring. He wouldn't be where he is now if he climbed up alone on his own, and he was glad all six members went up with him and still had his back.

"Areum is too protective of me too," Jungkook had to chuckle, remembering all the times she'd been vicious in protecting his name.

SongPD snickered discreetly. "You're just as protective of her. I know you value my daughter and have great respect for her,"

Areum's father would always remind Jungkook of that one time he moved him by taking his daughter's side in front of the whole Board Members of BH Label. He was willing to quit rather than let others talk ill about Areum, he stood by his decision and it took hard convincing from the members, Areum and SongPD himself to renew his contract with BTS and BH Entertainment.

It wasn't long until Areum and her mother walked back into the dining area with the desserts. She sat back down beside Jungkook with a wide smile on her face as she engaged in a conversation with her parents. These days, she was brighter than usual.

"I should've made more pollack roe soup, I didn't know you'd like it. Would you like to take some home?" her mother asked Jungkook with an apologetic smile.