chapter 10

CHAPTER 1

Jeon Jungkook

DNA PATERNITY REPORT

STR LOCUS.             DI.          MOTHER.               CHILD.           ALLEGED FATHER

Combined Direct Index: 0
Probability of Paternity : 0%

Statement of Results:
    The alleged father is excluded as the biological father of the tested child. This conclusion is based on the non-matching alleles observed at the STR loci listed above with a DI equal to 0. The probability of paternity is 0%.

(source: validitygenetics.com)

Was it wrong to feel relieved? Jungkook asked himself as he read the results given to him over and over again, making sure he didn't misunderstood the statement of the results.

He was not the father. The child Cha Jin-Ri was carrying was not his.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he let his head fall upon his hands, his soul somehow leaping in joy as calmness started dominating his body.

Finally, after months of overthinking, breakdowns and pain, the truth was out.

However now, the unborn child has no father. That bit made him ashamed of himself for rejoicing the freedom of being excluded as the potential father.

He certainly couldn't take responsibility for someone he didn't make. Jungkook decided that he would support the child financially no matter what the result was but he can't be its father when the child was not his in the first place. The money was not a big deal but that was all there was to it.

So, there he goes with Mr. Kim and Chairman Song  in the meeting room with the test results of the paternity test from the Hospital. The rest of the members had been busy working on their next album while Jungkook juggled between work and pressure to be a father of an innocent child that wasn't even his.

Cha Jin Rin was supposed to be her friend. Why did she made all that fuss if she already knew Jungkook wasn't the father? The moment a dating rumor sparked up between them six years ago, she was more than willing to deny the claims. Why would she want to ruin him now?

Jungkook could only come up with an answer he wanted to believe for the sake of their friendship. Maybe she had no idea what to do. She had no one to turn to and Jungkook had every means to support her pregnancy. She trusted him too.

He was relieved to be excluded as the biological father of Jin-Ri's child but he felt bad for her and for the baby.

"I will work on the public statement about this matter immediately." Mr. Kim announced with relief.