chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

Song Areum

"You've been visiting me quite a lot lately," he smiled as he sat on the green grass with her

"Hi," she smiled too. "Luke."

And they both looked ahead of the field. They sat on top of a green mountain and around them was paradise. He wore a white dress shirt and pants while his hair was cut short like the length during their Senior Year in Highschool. Just the way Areum liked to remember him.

The field was perfect and calming but all she could stare at was her best friend sitting beside her. In her head, he was alive.

"Did you miss me that much?" he asked with another smile but his eyes were still fixed ahead.

"Yes." she answered without thinking twice.

Luke never lost his smile and though she was aware of him not being true, she didn't want to stop conversing with him anyway.

"I think I want to get married someday." she told him.

"You should."

She smiled, he was only telling him what she wanted to hear.

"And have kids. Lots of them." she added.

He gazed at her, eyes no longer entirely happy. Luke gave him a soft smile.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him for now." he told her.

Monitors beeping

Monitors beeping. Vitals are stable. IV drip was close. Monitors Beeping—that annoying monitor, she told herself as she slowly fluttered her eyes open, meeting the same neutral shade of cream ceiling in the Hospital VIP Room.

Jana sat on her side, face buried on her palms. Da Reum stood beside Jana as he noticed her waking up and she heard him press the button beside her bed to call the nurse.

She had left the paradise where Luke was and returned to reality.

"How are you feeling, Doctor Song?" a kind voice asked her while she sat comfortably on her hospital bed wearing a baggy hospital gown.