chapter 42 🔞

‼️ mature content ahead ‼️

🔞  CHAPTER 42  🔞

Jeon Jungkook

It was never about the ring, the flowers, the fairy lights, perfect landscapes, candles or the beautiful ambiance

It was never about the ring, the flowers, the fairy lights, perfect landscapes, candles or the beautiful ambiance. It was about the traditional marriage proposal where he'd get down on one knee, lower his pride and be vulnerable in front of their families and ask her to marry him. That was what's important. Jungkook wanted to give her the proper engagement proposal she deserved. Their relationship was anything but normal but they've reached the point where they would do anything for each other.

Loud and colorful fireworks ignited in the sky, overpowering the moon and stars when she said, "Yes."

"Yes, I'll marry you."

And their loved ones erupted into a controlled cheer and loud claps. Camera flashes glistened on her silk dark hair as she studied the ring meeting his eyes with trembling gaze. "It's even more beautiful than I remembered,"

For a second, he thought she was going to cry and maybe if it was just the two of them present, she would. Areum would cry hard with blissful tears.

Jungkook slid her ring back on her finger with trembling hands that she had to help him do it before getting back on his feet, automatically lifting her by the waist as if she weighed nothing and spun both of them on the small podium. He buried his face on the crook of her neck, taking in the smell of ocean and lavender on her skin. He was home.

Areum threw her arms around his neck as he set her back down and placed their foreheads against one another, hearts beating out of their chest and for the first time—all is well.

"That was my guitar," she murmured and they held each other so close, forgetting about their friends and families possibly still watching them on the side.

"You bought it for me,"

Areum chuckled and slightly nodded and leaned up to kiss his lips. "I did."

Jungkook smiled after the kiss and even during. She made him that happy.

Jana gave Jungkook the guitar Areum bought the day after her surgery. She said Areum bought the expensive guitar for him to convince him not to quit making music and continue being a member of BTS. Areum wasn't able to encourage him herself because she fell into a coma for two weeks and all he was left was his complicated job and a High-tech guitar she had left him with.

"You dyed your hair blonde," she smiled and ran her fingers on his mullet.

"I figured you might like it."