chapter 68

CHAPTER 68

Song Areum

It was embarrassing

It was embarrassing. Performing in front of those whose profession was to give a high quality stage performances, was undoubtedly humiliating. It was one hell of a turbulent ride but to hell, it was fun—so much fun, Areum breathed out as she took in her reflection on the mirror inside the dressing room. She changed into a more comfortable and decent dress for the actual dinner after her performance. The stylists made her wear three layers of clothes for her performance where every song, her clothes gets ridiculously shorter. That was the last time she'd wore short attires and flaunt almost half of her skin—the things she did for her parents' dream to see her perform again. It was silly and embarrassing but she was glad she had done it for her family. They knew it would be the last time she'd pull something like that again, it was both a reconnection to her childhood and one sentimental farewell to her younger self. It was an end and the beginning of a new life she couldn't wait to live.

"Areum, you ready?" Jana walked in wearing an innocent silk dress with plunging neckline and puffed sleeves from her own clothing line.

They decided to wear the same dress in different colors. Jana wore her signature color red while Areum chose a white variant with a thin chain belt that her best friend insisted she wore along with.

"Mhm," Areum murmured as she took in Jana's appearance.

It didn't show that Jana was already in her early thirties, her natural ginger hair was still as silky and healthy as it always has been. Her skin was clear and glowy and her plump lips looked beautiful with the light pink natural gloss that she liked to wear. No wonder Yoongi secretly couldn't take his eyes off her.

"You're checking me out, babe."

Areum rolled her eyes and ignored her best friend's humorous statement. "I was just looking for words to say thank you,"

Jana raised an eyebrow, "Thank me? For what?"

Well, for being such an amazing friend since day one—Areum smiled at herself as she said it in her head. Truth was, she would never trade her incredible friendship with Jana to anything else. Her best friend had been literally on her side from the beginning and she was certain Jana would've still be by her side until the end and back.

"I know you thought performing for them was lame but you did it anyway for me," Areum conceded.

Jana breathed out and studied her.

"You know I only did it to seduce Yoongi, right?" Jana joked.

Yoongi rarely gets impressed and swayed by smooth talkers and beautiful people but he was never rude either. He was the kind who's very well aware of what he wanted but is exceptionally reserved and discreet about it. However with Jana, he just turned into mush and gave into her willingly most of the time.