chapter 71

CHAPTER 71 : The Break-up

Unrequited love was always the feeling of wanting to unlove someone but couldn't

Unrequited love was always the feeling of wanting to unlove someone but couldn't. It was never about wanting someone to love you back because that's not love at all—love isn't forced and unrequited love is unconditional. True love doesn't hope that someday it would be reciprocated—although at times, it would be great if it was given back just the same. Sae Ri tried to put up and convince herself that she and Namjoon would work even if he loved her only half as much as he loved someone else. But when realization hit her to the core, she ended up choosing to love herself above anyone else for the better.

Kwak Sae Ri was a 32 year-old woman, a successful singer and songwriter, independent, self-spoken, kind and loving, have beautiful skin and long silky hair and a distinct singing voice. People said she was beautiful and that whoever she ends up falling in love with would be lucky and yet there she was in the empty Mexican Restaurant her friend owned at 2 in the morning, drinking her broken heart away with her friends—whom she'd have to let go very soon too.

It was uncomfortable and quite a heavy baggage asking all the girls to meet her after ignoring their texts and calls in the past months. She was a mess—but she was free. She was the aftermath of Kim Namjoon.

"Cry," Areum finally spoke up as she downed a whole glass of mimosa. She didn't drank recently anymore and she looked exhausted from a week-long duty in the Hospital yet she still came for Sae Ri. "You cry. Let it all out until you run out of tears and once you're all empty, you move forward. When you feel like crying again, let it out one last time and promise yourself that the next tears you shed, should be for yourself and not for anyone else." she added. "Crying would help but not drinking,"

Sae Ri and Areum weren't that close but it wasn't like they hated each other. They both know the importance of one another. The two of them were only starting to be friendly with each other because Areum have always been closer with Sung Kyung but Sae Ri knew Areum could stand her—she acknowledged her presence at least.

"It meant a lot—all of you coming here," Sae Ri told them with a weak voice, the alcohol slowly kicking in her system.

"Of course, babe. We're always here for you," Zara convinced her.

Namjoon respected her request and did not tell the girls about the break up. He might have informed his best friends about it but it was Sae Ri's right to break it off to the girls. She created an unexpectable bond with them and she needed time to compose herself to tell them that she'll no longer be seeing Namjoon. They were all painfully shocked of course and a little hopeful that things will go well and they would eventually get back together but Sae Ri has had enough. She and Namjoon just weren't meant to be.

"What exactly happened, Sae Ri?" Sung Kyung asked carefully, empathizing with her although she and Areum are happily engaged with their own partners.