chapter 100

Epilogue (Part 1)

Life Support. Jeon Jungkook and Song Areum used to be each other's life support. Now, she was hooked on numerous wires and machines to keep her alive—at least long enough for the second baby's viability to be delivered out to the world. As of right now, her life support was that of a foreign object that kept her heart beating.

Was it still beating for me? Jungkook always asked himself. . . every second of the day and night as he cradled their baby boy in his arms, close to his wife in the Hospital bed. Everyone that mattered, told him to rest but how could he when his son longs and yearns for his mother's warmth? Areum was still warm and their son knows that too. She was not brain dead but her heart is weak—so very weak, they said but Jungkook knew she was strong. Her heart was strong.

She would've loved their first born. Their son looked a lot like him—not even an inch that resembled Areum. She would've loved their first born so much she'd never want to let go of him. He wondered if the little girl still inside her looked more like Areum herself and not a dot of resemblance of him either, he wished she looked like her mother. So beautiful and so fierce, Areum would've adored her in ways no one knew possible. Jungkook already felt strong connections towards their  children, but it was undeniably clouded by his fear of losing the love of his life. If only she would wake up already and prove Doctor Wang wrong again.

"Hello," the intern who often visits disrupted Jungkook's immobilized state as his son wiggled asleep in his arms.

He looked up at the Intern who walked in with a shy and empathetic smile. She checked Areum's vitals and changed her drip, giving Jungkook a hesitant look.

Jungkook lowered his head politely out of courtesy before looking back down onto his son's innocent face, his other hand still intertwined with Areum's, as if holding her would pull her back awake.

"You look tired, sir. Would you like to give the baby some fresh heat from the morning sun outside?" The Intern asked. "I just finished my shift. Doctor Song is my last patient, but I can stay with her for a little while before I head home,"

Areum was eventually transferred to Gamja Medical Center where she worked. The VIP Suite in Hwangyeon had slowly been invaded by the press and sasaengs. Doctor Wang always visited and still kept a close eye on Areum and the baby regardless of which Hospital she was confined though.

It seemed like, everyone in Gamja knew her and looked up to her. Once in a while, nurses, interns, residents and fellows as well as some attendings of other departments would come checkup on her—so much for all the displeasure she thought everyone had for her. Areum had so many people that cared about her and she didn't even know it.