chapter 58

CHAPTER 56

Jeon Jungkook

There was no denying that Jungkook and Song Jung Hoon had a little rift between them—at least in their personal lives. Song Jung Hoon never actually gave him his blessing to marry Areum, not really. It was like he just had no other choice but to go along with his daughter's wish because it was Areum truly wanted and there was no way her parents would bring themselves to control her again. She always convinced Jungkook that her father needed time and eventually he'd come through but it had been almost six months since they got engaged and almost broke up only to get back together and yet her father was the least pleased about the idea of her getting married.

Jungkook heard everything from start to finish, how Areum asked their close friends for help so she could make peace with her father. She had always been close with her mother but not with her father. He was always working, always thinking about business so he rarely went home to see both Areum and her mother but regardless, she was mentally dependent the most on her father, she knew whatever hurt and caused discomfort to her, he'd get rid of it—her father was her mightiest protector. Perhaps it was why Song Jung Hoon found it really hard to give Jungkook another chance. There was no denying he had hurt Areum more than he should have. It was disappointing that he had hurt her at all the first time.

"Oh, you're here! We were just planning a blinddate for Jimin," Sung Kyung hesitantly shifted way off topic as she motioned for Jungkook to come in and sit beside Areum and Jimin at the table.

Areum never mentioned anything to him about a rift she had on her father because of Jungkook and so he kept a tight gaze in her direction as he sat down. They would have to talk it out in private when they get home.

Jimin rolled his eyes but did not opposed to changing the subject.

"Really, I don't want it. I'm doing just fine on my own," Jimin denied their friends' offer.

"You and Taehyung have no plans settling down in the future, do you?" Sae Ri asked inquisitively.

"Taehyung's definitely settling down. He invited a girl tonight," Hoseok shared proudly, he was just too pure.

Areum glanced up at them with furrowed eyebrows as the other girls exchanged curious gaze.

"Really? Who is he taking?" Jana's voice was laced with unintentional blunt curiosity—Yoongi was definitely rubbing off on her.

Hoseok pursed his lips tight as Zara glared at him again. It was supposed to be a Girls' Night and Jungkook was only going to pick up Areum afterwards but Namjoon invited him to crash the Girls' plans too.

"Taehyung's got a girlfriend?" Areum turned to Jungkook and murmured with a distorted expression.

Jungkook shrugged, no one knew what he'd been doing lately, not even Jimin. Taehyung used to constantly update Jimin about his whereabouts.

Their curiosity was soon answered when two figures entered the booth and Taehyung walked hand in hand with a familiar face. Oh, he's dating alright. The girl confidently smiled and waved a little to the group before wrapping her free hand on Taehyung's arm. She wore glittery makeup, red lipstick, short tight dress that hugged her breast in sight and her black hair was styled in loose curls, the typical goddess in K-Pop.

Areum glanced at Jungkook again and rolled her eyes discreetly. He gave her a warning look before pulling her slightly in his arms.

"So this is what you mean when you said the Vet is too innocent for him, eh?" Areum whispered.