chapter 18

CHAPTER 18

Jeon Jungkook

Business is business

Business is business. Now, Jungkook understood how Yoongi differentiate business from personal connection. It wasn't all too hard to comprehend, he prioritized what mattered most. In their case, music over personal life.

Jungkook thought it would be a terrible idea working with Iris again. The last time they talked was a year after their group enlisted in the military. She never reached out to him and he never called her again either.

He thought there was nothing else left unsaid between the two of them but it would still be extremely uncomfortable singing and promoting songs together. She was once his girlfriend after all and they loved each other once. Iris was his first love from a really long time ago.

But even first loves go away when the right one comes and he found the one for him. Song Areum.

Everything and everyone just disappeared when she was with him. Not even Iris could change that.

All day, they spent revising their melody, rewriting some lyrics or harmonizing with each other. Yoongi never once contradicted Jungkook nor did he try getting back at him for being an asshole. He was far more mature than Jungkook was.

Iris had a high note herself, Jungkook thought their voices meshed together like magic back then. . . but now that he was listening to the finished product, it wasn't all that magical.

The song was great, the lyrics were well written and the three of them did their best in singing. . . it was just that sometimes, the depth of music depends on the listener.

"We can call it a day," Yoongi announced calmly with a faint Daegu dialect.

"That turned out a lot better than expected." Iris smiled brightly, gazing up at Jungkook unexpectedly.

He glanced down at her and politely nodded his head with a small smile before checking the time across the wall clock in the studio.

12 am. They were working all night without dinner or snack breaks perhaps that often happens when they get caught up with work.

There was a quiet growl in his stomach, but the first thing he thought of was, 'Has Areum had her dinner yet?' and he immediately knew the answer to that. Most likely not. Between them, she tends to be more obsessed with her job than he was.

Ah, shit—he mentally slapped himself, he's forgotten their dinner.

"Hyung, can I leave first?" he instantly asked without sounding rude and eager.

Yoongi turned to study him before nodding once, "Go home."

He thanked him as he turned towards the door before turning back where Iris was sitting. She met his gaze, a small smile on her face.