chapter 34

CHAPTER 34

Jeon Jungkook

Areum ran away with tears in her eyes after seeing him bow down in the Board Meeting

Areum ran away with tears in her eyes after seeing him bow down in the Board Meeting. It was the first time she cried for months after the miscarriage—it was the beginning of her walls crashing down. Perhaps the worst was over and she allowed herself to feel again.

He was quick to his feet and pulled the doors open to follow her out. Jungkook wanted to be with her when she broke down.

"Don't." Da Reum had stopped him, grasping a firm hold on his forearm. "Look,"

The kid motioned him to follow his gaze back inside the Board Room.

Chairman Song, stood right up from his chair. Eyes calm and patient as he gazed up at each member in the table.

"I remember that old building we first started with. It was small and barely a Music Label Building. No one even wanted to sign a contract with us because we were once the smallest of the small Companies out there." he started, his voice even and composed. "All trainees we honed left for a better offer but these kids—everyone thought all seven of them were fools for trusting us."

"But I trusted them too—we all did but these boys trusted our company more. The next thing I wanted to do in return was give these men the best chance and future there is for staying with us, even if it meant being stern and extremely strict to them at their young age. Even if it meant robbing them off of their childhood. Sometimes, I think they hate me but I had to do what I did to keep them grounded. Out of every group who debuted under our label since day one, BTS was the only group who haven't given us problems we couldn't control. They were the only ones who stayed grounded despite the success and recognition they gained and given to us," SongPD rarely talked in the Board Meeting, let alone point something out that sentimental.

"I'm not saying this because my daughter is involved but these boys earned every right to live how they want to. These men deserved to live. They own huge shares of the company and if we can live the way we want to, why can't they?" he asked everyone in the room.

The BTS members lifted their heads and watched the Chairman stood up for them. He never chose sides but that day, he was risking everything to remain a good mentor and a friend. Even if it meant, setting aside business and choosing sides and he chose to side with BTS.

"I know my daughter. She'll never do anything to harm the company, especially Jungkook." he stated firmly. "I would appreciate it if none of you would ever talk ill about her in front of me, ever again."

Jungkook and the rest of his friends at the table smiled proudly at the Chairman. It was nice to have him on their side that day.

"Noona should've seen him today." Da Reum smiled before turning to face Jungkook again.