chapter 64

CHAPTER 64

Song Areum

The Canadian Hotel suite was clean and warm but the weather was her favorite—cold and quiet

The Canadian Hotel suite was clean and warm but the weather was her favorite—cold and quiet. There was always that cold breeze in Canada that she loved very much, it either made her want to stay in bed all day long or get up and be productive as she should. The latter was most likely to happen as she came with her mother to accompany her on the trip due to the nature of her psychological induced seizures.

"Now, you look even more perfect." her mother stated as she finished putting on a light makeup on Areum.

There was never a dull moment when her mother was around. Not only was she energetic but she had always been in charge of making Areum look jaw-dropping and presentable, especially when she's about to talk in front of other nationalities in the Convention.

She didn't mind being taken care of, whether it may be her parents, Jana or Jungkook except she was starting to feel like a burden to her loved ones.

"Gomawoyo, eomma." she smiled as her mother did a last finishing touch on her silk-wavy hair. "Mianhaeyo. You should be at home relaxing instead of taking care of me,"

Her mother frowned. "I'm right where I'm supposed to be, I'll always take care of you, my dear—I wasn't able to do a good job at that when you were younger."

That's the thing about her parents, they were still living a life where they felt like they had to make up for how they raised her before she started taking control of her own life. Her parents wanted her to live without any regrets, so they raised her taking all lessons and classes to excel on all things necessary to live life without missing a thing. Like her father said, they raised her from scratch. Their small family used to live in a small apartment in Seoul, her father worked hard to support their needs and even when her mother's family took them back in, her father refused to accept a single penny from them in raising Areum or pay for her advanced classes. Point was, she was all she is now because her father worked hard and her mother took great care of her in their own way.

"Eomma," she suddenly muttered as their eyes met on the vanity mirror in front of them inside their hotel suite. "Have I made you proud yet?"

Her mother smiled, she looked touched and empathetic at the same time like her heart broke from her question. "Of course, Areum. Your father and I have always been proud of you."

In the back of her head, she knew they loved her too much, they couldn't help but be proud of her regardless of what profession she chose, whether it may be a Doctor or an Artist. There was just a small part of her that needed to hear those words out loud before she faced her audience later on. It was her first time giving a speech with a damaged soul—if she messed up, at least she knew her mother had her back and would always be proud of what she'd become.