chapter 32

CHAPTER 32

Jeon Jungkook

"You're not supposed to be here," a familiar voice stood beside Jungkook outside the Police Station where Areum went in to file a charge and provide a statement

"Now, you're talking to me?" Jungkook bluntly spoke.

"I dislike you. Glad you're aware," the kid chuckled as Jungkook continued to ignore him.

Areum had no idea he had been following her anywhere she goes ever since she told him everything there is to know. He couldn't let her slip away from his sight, even if it meant his identity getting compromised. Screw hiding, he decided. Areum now held the bliss future of his and without her, he'd have nothing else to look forward to.

"You're lucky it's winter and everyone is covered up like your sorry-ass," Da Reum stated about Jungkook's get-up. He wore his usual warm clothes, long black puffer jacket, black jeans and stompers. He had his hood on and a KF94 mask to cover half of his face.

Jungkook never liked people younger than his age talk to him with complete disrespect because he grew up being the youngest in everything and never once did he step beyond the line of insulting those older than him. His parents and the members made sure he doesn't end up a man without manners but he doesn't hate Da Reum for acting the way he does. The kid only hates him because Areum suffers as a repercussion of Jungkook's life.

Jungkook gave Da Reum an exhausted glare. "The only reason why I haven't beaten your ass yet is because of Areum."

The kid gazed up at him with a surprised expression before his lips formed into a small grin.

"Oh, so you care about her now, eh? Well, that made me dislike you a little less. I'm guessing you finally realized how much she was risking for you while you're living the best times of your life on stage. Must she really do all the work in your relationship?"

"You're right, she was always the one who crossed mountains for me." Jungkook agreed bitterly.

Da Reum breathed out and white puffs escaped his mouth as he spoke from the cold.

"You should now be thinking about what sacrifices you should offer to repay her." the kid added.

He didn't have to tell him that. That was all Jungkook had been thinking about since he realized he loved Areum. What could he do for her? What lines was he willing to cross for her? The answer was everything. Anything.

"Did you know she's done it again?" Da Reum asked. "Typical Song Areum. She exposes every dirt on anyone who crosses her, how childish."

"She just wanted to feel human again." Jungkook took Areum's defense. "She thinks the only way to feel human was to be a monster for a while. Give her a break,"