chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

Jeon Jungkook

It was the next day they got back from work only to do some more work as soon as they stepped back on their turf

Yesterday, they were just in the quiet countryside doing photoshoots, filming Q&As and episodes of their Variety Show. The next day, they were back in the loud city, working on another song. To be fair, Jungkook and Yoongi were the only ones who met up early and did revisions on the song they were working together on despite both of them have barely spoken a word to each other—it had been like that for almost a month.

Yoongi wasn't someone to deal with drama and though he tried reaching out to Jungkook in the most subtle way, the youngest just couldn't wrap his head around something his friend has 'forgotten' to tell him apparently.

It was after lunch when some of the members checked in with them, first was Hoseok who lightened up the mood when he came and left shortly after. Jimin and Taehyung visited next, made sure everything was going smoothly between Yoongi and Jungkook.

They were all usually professionals and they prioritize work over personal feelings but somehow, someone just brought the worst out of Jungkook even after years of being over with it.

Yoongi played the melody along with Jungkook's vocals, replacing the deafening silence in his studio where they had been in for hours. He jived his head along the music as if he was enjoying it. If the circumstances were normal, Jungkook would've felt relieved that one of the people he looked up to was enjoying his work. But he was not sure if Yoongi was indeed happy with his voice or was he satisfied with someone else's, like the girl who help made the melody.

Iris. She signed a contract with the company as their new artist, one of her first projects was a song produced by and featured Namjoon. Her second was a subunit with Yoongi and Jungkook.

What was Jungkook so mad about? It was when he found out Yoongi was going out with his ex-girlfriend—or had gone out.

Who cares, Jungkook tried to appease himself. It's not like he still has feelings for Iris. It was more like how Yoongi kept it from him and they were supposed to be friends, brothers even.

"Liking the melody that much, huh?" Jungkook suddenly spoke to provoke Yoongi which he had been doing all day already.

If it was the other members, he would've gotten scolded already but since it was Yoongi, he never got nagged. He had always been patient with Jungkook—always.

"It's good," Yoongi replied without any hint of annoyance.

Sometimes, he was almost too cold to care.

"I bet you think it is." Jungkook's voice was laced with bitterness, referring to the melody Iris wrote but was reorganized by Yoongi.

"Do you want to start on the adlib?" Yoongi ignored his unnecessary attitude.