chapter 61

𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 :  𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

It was a scorching hot weather in July of 1990. Newly Wed Song Jung Hoon and Nam Mee Yeon battled the summer heat in their small apartment in Seoul. He was rookie producer and she was a banished chaebol from one of the richest family in South Korea. At that point, he was willing to sell his music for ten dollars or less—he'd sell anything he had at any price just to have enough to purchase an air conditioner for his pregnant wife whose life had always been warm winters and luxurious cold bedrooms in the summer.

She was the Nation's Gifted-Cellist, beautiful, talented, smart and well-mannered yet she ended up with an average and unknown civilian on the sidelines. What was she thinking when she gave up on her comfortable life for love? Why did she choose Song Jung Hoon over her perfect life as an heir? Nam Mee Yeon knew she only wanted Song Jung Hoon despite all that. It's hard to reason out with someone who strongly knows what they want.

He placed the third shabby electric fan in front of his wife, his eyes had nothing but love and rue for lacking a lot of things to provide a comfortable place for Mee Yeon. He wished he was at least born with money and a gold spoon, then she would've met a better version of him and she wouldn't have to hide the discomfort she felt as they exchanged looks of remorse for each other.

*"Yeobeo, mianhada." she stated hesitantly as she tried to shift on the floor with her protruding belly. "Aigoo, he's kicking."

He quickly placed a worn out pillow between her lower back and the headboard for support as she sat up and gave him an endearing smile. Jung Hoon helped her move to a comfortable position before placing his hand over her belly.

"I should be the one apologizing," he muttered with a small smile just so Mee Yeon wouldn't instantly notice the guilt in his eyes. "Mianhae."

Sweat drenched the sides of her face as their eyes met endearingly, he smiled brightly, forgetting the predicament they were in for one second as he admired the beauty in her soul through her eyes and all over her being. What a beautiful being she was, he asked himself. He might've done only good things in his past life to deserve her in this life. He leaned in slowly to give her a kiss when he noticed her once peach lips were as pale as an ill person's expression but she smiled anyway—that smile he tends to get lost in. Her face was then drained from colors and her eyes went blank and shattered.

"What's wrong?" he asked in complete worry, sheltering her small figure in his arms before his eyes fell upon the wet and pooling water on her lower limbs.

"My water broke." she complained, holding back a cry as she squeezed her eyes shut.

Jung Hoon immediately carried her in his arms to the long stairs of their shabby apartment and out of the streets as fast as he could with only a pocket money enough for a cab to the Hospital. How would he pay the bills afterwards—he was just going to come up with something, as he always does.