chapter 94

CHAPTER 94

Song Areum

On Jana's fifth month check-up, Areum decided to accompany her while all the members dealt with an important Board Meeting

On Jana's fifth month check-up, Areum decided to accompany her while all the members dealt with an important Board Meeting. Her best friend chose to not be told of the baby's gender for the Baby Shower, perhaps she'd let Hye Yoon, Soo Ah and Sung Kyung help out with the gender reveal she'd been planning. Soo Ah went with them too, just recently, they found out she was already 3 months pregnant. The two have been pregnant in Areum's Wedding, unlike Jana and Yoongi who kept quiet for a while about their pregnancy, Soo Ah had no idea there was already a little bud growing inside her then. It had been awhile since she and Namjoon got engaged and they had been trying since then. They always teased Namjoon to be the first one to have a kid in the group, they also thought Jungkook was the first one to get married. Who would've thought Yoongi would beat them to be the first in everything since he met his wife Jana? Then again, it was Yoongi. He neither hesitates and keeps things painfully slow.

Fortunately, it was Areum's day off, so she got to spend the day with the girls. Later that day, Jana organized a tea session with the rest of their girl friends and document it for her journey to motherhood. She liked documenting things. Areum used to hate it but now she was glad Jana kept memories she had of them when they were younger somewhere in her possession. That way, they could both tell and show their stories to their children in the future. If Areum would even have her own.

"My baby is so little—I'm getting emotional already!" Soo Ah fanned herself with her hands as she handed Jana the ultrasound photo from the Clinic.

"Your baby must be bigger, you and Namjoon are tall people, you know. I'm sure she'd get the good genes," Jana excitedly spoke to Soo Ah as they walked towards the Hospital Exit.

Areum discreetly walked behind her friends, watching them with hopeful eyes as they walked in the familiar halls of Hwangyeon Hospital. She recommended her own trusted OBGYN to her friends and it just so happened that her doctor had an outpatient appointment in Hwangyeon that day.

As the elevator doors slid open to the basement parking area and her friends stepped out casually busy sharing motherhood excitement, Areum stopped in her tracks as he ran into an old friend—an old colleague.

He no longer wore his nice frame of eyeglasses, his hair was longer, shoulders were a little broader and his chiseled jaw more defined than last time—lots has changed but he smelled the same. He almost looked almost the same.

A smile soon formed her quivering lips, even though she wasn't expecting him to smile back as warm as he used to—yet he did. He let the elevator doors close up with him outside in front of her.

"Have you been well, Areum-ssi?" Seung Jae asked. His voice was deeper and more distanced.

She no longer felt guilt nor warmth towards him and it seemed like he already moved on from her too.