Hyeon stood tensed behind her as they both eyed their juniors.

The interns dispersed but none of them was willing to talk, not even the sole victim who slowly got back on her feet, eyes low and tormented. Areum saw that look once—when she first saw Da Reum. She knew then, the bullying among their interns had been going on for a long time.

"You spoke to these guys about this?" she quietly asked Doctor Lim.

She knew he was smart and quick to act just like her. If he knew about it, he'd surely act upon it.

He gave her a defeated look as Areum frowned at the fact that he hadn't done anything to stop the madness. She wasn't even supposed to be working and she barely had time to educate the interns regarding their behavior towards one another. They weren't kids in school anymore, they were in the real world.

Areum turned to them and decided to settle things quickly before she lost her patience and gave all of them a negative recommendation and lose the chance to redeem themselves.

"No one's going to tell me what the hell you're all doing during your shift?" she asked.

She has always been an alpha, the interns and residents feared and resented her for it.

"Alright, since none of you is willing to talk, you're all going to have a demerit record in your charts except for Doctor Han. If this happens again, the Hospital would get the court of law involved. Hell, I would make sure none of you gets to touch a single patient ever again. People who needs real help are in grave danger in your hands if you don't drop this kind of attitude towards your colleagues. You're doctors, you're not supposed to hurt and threatened people—especially your own people."

Doctor Han Jaehya was the victim of the bullying—it was clear she would be. The Fellows and Attendings liked her because she was an incredibly smart student and intern. She stood out on Areum too because the girl had a photographic memory, she couldn't help but excel in Medicine which just happened to have a lot of memorization and deep understanding. It's not her fault she's smart, or that she was born with a gift.

"You're not going to tell me who pushed you on the wall and gave you that bruise on your arm, are you?" Areum asked Jaehya.

The girl flinched and avoided her gaze. Poor girl was already traumatized. If there was one thing she learned about Medicine, it was that it doesn't get easier.

She felt her phone vibrate inside her pocket, it was her husband checking up on her—she didn't have any time to scold the low life interns and so she made it quicker.

"You must think you're all big and mighty now that you're on your last year of Internship, huh?" she asked casually. "If you're already picking on one of your peers now, then I assure you not even half of you violent psychopaths will get into the next step of the Program. I'll make sure of that. If you can't take care of your own team now, how on earth are you supposed to save your patients in the future?"

She briefly pointed at Han Jaehya. "She is one of you. One of you. And she's doing a great job carrying your names on her back, which you should all be grateful for. If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't even trust any of you to scrub in the OR."

The interns glared at her harsh words but it was true. Most of their interns that year were suck-ups and privileged that they refused to follow orders and were quite hardheaded.

"The next time any of these suckups hurt you or say something bad to you again, you kick them in the nuts, hard. If it's a girl who's picking on you, make sure to make them pay for another nose job in return, you understand, Jaehya-ssi? It's self-defense, they've been terrorizing you after all. You won't get in trouble,"