"Song Areum." He called with a firm tone, his eyes set cold towards Seung Jae.

Areum slowly turned to face him, relief washed over her face before it was replaced with confusion.

"Jeon Jungkook," she turned on her heels and walked towards him. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Jungkook remained stiff as he sent a stern glare in Seung Jae's direction while the man sent just as intense of an impression to him, as if none of them was going to give up competing. There was no competition though. Areum will officially be Jungkook's other half by law sooner than anyone was expecting. She'll be his wife eventually.

Warm and soft hands gently cupped his cheeks and all of a sudden he was back in reality. Areum was his. Lee Seung Jae was just merely her colleague—or was he?

Nonetheless, Jungkook was the one she loved.

"Hey, you missed your flight." she muttered with deep concern.

Jungkook finally broke gazes with Seung Jae and leaned down to kiss her on the lips. "I wanted to know how your first surgery went."

She lost all the colors on her face as she took a small step back from him.

"You could've just called, you didn't have to miss your flight."

He furrowed his eyebrows as she avoided his gaze.

"I didn't want to leave with just one goodbye. I needed to see you,"

What he meant was, he couldn't bring himself to leave her.

"Areum," another deep voice called and she turned eagerly towards it.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Seung Jae stated warmly with longing in his eyes.

She nodded softly and waved her hand slightly. "Get home safe, sunbae."

He studied her for a moment before finally giving her one last smile and headed out the opposite way to leave. That's right, leave—Jungkook thought to himself.

"Should I give you a ride to the airport?" Areum asked weakly.

Jungkook frowned at her, "What's wrong?"

She let out a sigh and managed to look back up at him with pained expression.

"I think I would kill for you." she confessed.

He gave her a confused look. She didn't look well. She looked more sick now than she ever was when she first got out if coma, he wondered if she ate well and took her maintenance meds earlier.

"I almost killed my patient today."

Their gazes met and melted away as they saw each other's souls through their eyes—both were wounded but alive.

"Park Eun Ji." she stated. "Do you remember her?"

Jungkook frowned in perplexity because he couldn't remember. He looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, considering how conflicted she looked, it's got to be serious—so he tried to remember and thought hard and deep that his memories actually went back in the early years of their group debut 15 years ago.

"She was your last girlfriend before you decided the spotlight was the life you wanted to have." she spoke as her eyebrows rested in a thin line. "I heard you promised to marry her when you were younger—God, Jungkook! How many girls did you promise to marry?"

"What? I was young, I said things I didn't mean in the spur of the moment. I—"

Areum cut him off. "I took the tumor out of her head, but while I was doing the surgery on her—while I was doing my job, all I could think of. . . was her life in my hands." Areum conceded with a trembling voice. "That time, I owned her survival and I—I didn't want to give it to her. I was willing to lose my job, my years of hard work and my license because I disliked her so much I couldn't think of anything else."