Areum motioned him to follow her to the wooden swing near the garden. She sat down as he comfortably did the same beside her. They were now both facing the greenery in the Song Residence's backyard. It was beautiful and so peaceful, she liked hiding there from her parents when she was a kid—back when they wouldn't let her do anything she wanted.

"None of what happened was your fault. I should be the one apologizing for blackmailing you and using that file as leverage," Areum conceded.

She heard Dacre let out a breath of relief as he shifted comfortably on her side. "You look better," he murmured after a shaky sigh.

"I am better." or at least she thought.

He let out a relieved chuckle before slightly moving the swing.

"Are you happy?" he asked.

Areum slowly lost her smile, all of a sudden she was hyper aware of her surroundings—how the wind felt cool on her skin when it was supposed to be scorching hot, or how the leaves in the trees danced with the timid wind and how rare birds chirp in that part of their village. Their backyard and her reality was almost as good and peaceful as the paradise she created in her head with Luke in it.

I have to die so you could go home in bliss. She'd remembered what Luke had said before she went to the limbo. Maybe it was just her head telling her all of that; because he was only telling her what she wanted to hear.

Would she have gone home and acknowledged her feelings for Jungkook if Luke was around? Probably not. He would've told her to stop pursuing Jungkook because she deserved better and she would've believed him. But at the back of her head, she knew Jungkook was the only silver lining in her problematic life and she was glad she went back home and chose a complicated future with him instead of a mundane life back in Los Angeles.

She felt herself smiling again, even brighter than the prior smiles she had worn.

"Yes." she answered Dacre with a soft tone. "I am happy. . . beyond words."

He then shifted beside her and retrieved something from his pocket.

"Your boyfriend treating you alright?" he asked softly.

Areum gazed at him, "He treats me very well."

Dacre nodded, satisfied with her answer. "I heard you're going back to live with him today."

She smiled wider. Thinking about sleeping and waking up beside Jungkook on their shared bed sent butterflies in her stomach.

"He's picking me up today, yes."

He smiled but kept his gaze straight ahead as he handed her a small box.

Areum took it slowly before opening the velvet box on her hand. She frowned, it was a gold band of bracelet with small diamond details and it looked familiar.

"Luke wanted me to give it to you when you've found your bliss." he stated. "I hope this isn't the last time I'll see you but if it is, I'm glad I handed that to you while you're smiling."

She now remembered it was the bracelet that was supposed to be Luke's gift on her 21st birthday but he passed away before she officially turned an adult. Areum chose the design herself. He had promised to give it to her on her birthday.

"It's pretty," she muttered as if Luke was listening.

"Luke thinks you're prettiest when you smile." he conceded. "You should smile often. You deserve to be happy,"

Areum glanced at him and smiled again, genuine and warm, just like how she'd smile at Luke. Dacre avoided her gaze, a bit surprised because she never smiled at him like that.