26

"Are you sure you can handle watching Noë?"

"Zayn, I have a little sister! I'll be fine." Selena rolls her eyes at him.

"Sorry, I've never really left her with anyone outside of me and her moms family."

"I know! I got this though. Now, you go have fun with your future husband." Selena winks.

Zayn rolls his eyes at her playfully before kissing his daughter on the cheek.

"I'll be back soon Noëlle. Daddy loves you dearly okay?"

Zayn hesitates to leave his daughter.

"Hurry up! It's not like you're going anywhere far. You'll literally be downstairs. If I need you I'll call."

"Okay. Thanks a lot Sel."

"Yeah, yeah! Go!"

Zayn smiles before walking down the steps and heading towards his backyard where he spots Harry.

"Hi." Zayn smiles.

Harry looks at him and smiles back.

"Hi."

Zayn takes a seat across from Harry. He smiles brightly at him.

Both of them were nervous as hell. They haven't really been in a date in a while.

In fact, Zayn couldn't remember the last time he's been out on a date. Even before finding out he was gonna be a father they haven't really been out, just the two of them.

This has made everything really complicated for the both of them really.

Zayn feels like this was the start of their fallout.

Of course he'd be wrong.

The start of their fallout started way before they said the three magic words to one another.

Harry on the other hand hasn't been out since his other ex, Tommy.

Chris wouldn't even take him out to meet his parents.

That should have been a red flag from the jump but, Harry was in love.

"The food looks delicious." Harry states.

"Thanks. Learned how to cook from my mammas." Zayn smiles.

"Well it looks amazing."

Zayn just smiles at him before he grabs his fork and starts digging into the food.

Harry follows along and moans softly.

"That good huh?"

Harry blushes.

"Sorry."

"It's alright."

Zayn and Harry continue to eat. Neither of them knowing exactly how to start a conversation.

"So, how's work? Working on anything new?" Harry asked.

"Actually, yeah. I'm writing my second album. It's in the process of being done by the end of next month."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Actually been working on it for about two years. I wasn't sure where i wanted this album to go but I've actually have an idea now."

"Well that's good yeah?"

Zayn hums.

"How bout you? I've heard you've gotten some calls."