21

"Wanna hang out today?"

Harry looks up and Zayn with widened eyes. He just popped up on him and it was very unexpected.

"Hang out?"

"Yeah? Just us vibing. Getting to know one another like last night."

Harry gives him a half smile.

"Sure."

Zayn sighs in relief.

"Alright. How bout at my in-home movie theater."

"That's cool."

"Okay."

Zayn walks away before Harry could say anything else.

He ends up knocking on Selena's door.

"Come in!"

"I did it."

"Did what?" Selena asked as she was writing.

"I asked him to hang in the movie room later."

Selena finally looks up with a smile.

"That's good yeah?"

"I don't know. It feels a bit weird."

"Weird?"

"I don't know how to explain it Sel. It's just a weird jumpy feeling."

Selena smiles widely.

"You really like this guy."

Zayn rolls his eyes.

"I don't think that's it."

"Zayn, why is it so hard to believe you actually have feelings for another human person that isn't the mother of your child?!"

"Because if i do it's actually over Selena. That means no more of us. No more laying in bed drawing together, no more kisses before bed, no more cuddles, no more of her and I. It's just over. And i don't know if I'll ever be okay with that. I don't know if our daughter will ever be okay with that."

Selena sighs before scooting closer to Zayn and touching his face.

"Listen to me, you'll always have a relationship with her. She'll always be the mother of your child and that's something no one could take away from you. But, it's really time for you to move on Zee."

"We just ended things sel. It hasn't even been two months."

"Let's be honest Zayn, you guys ended the moment you broke up the first time. It was just a matter of when you two realized that it wasn't gonna work out." Selena shrugs.

Zayn sighs and leans his head on her shoulder.

"You really do keep me grounded huh? You tell me shit i don't wanna hear but need to."

Selena pats his head.

"You're my best friend Zee! I'll always be on your side no matter what. Now get the hell out! I was in the process of writing a new song."

Zayn rolls his eyes at her but leaves nonetheless.

Selena was right. It was time for Zayn to move on.