C172 - Endless rumours

-Rain's point of view-

Saying that Xylan was furious would be an understatement. He was trembling with rage, fueled by Jace's final words to him. With an intense lust for revenge, Xylan searched for anyone who stood of importance to Jace in any way. "People have come to me and said you knew about Jace's immoral plans, yet you never informed Kai of this. How is he supposed to accurately make for a comprehensive assessment when people are keeping dirty secrets from reaching the surface?" Xylan said. "I wasn't sure if my information was correct, besides-" I stammered. "Regardless, you're obliged to inform Kai of any suspicions!" he shouted. "I don't know where she is, I swear on my life, Caizar."

It didn't take long for Xylan to reply with such rage that I feared he would lose it entirely. "So you're telling me Jace sent away both his sister and his niece without telling anyone where? You're carrying his child. I refuse to believe he kept this from you." "They have names," I cleared my throat. "Jace's sister betrayed our entire family years ago. So much so that Jace's niece is Hayden's offspring, and this shouldn't get tolerated under any circumstances. So no, I won't address those deviant sinners by their given names." "Jace's niece is Hayden's child?" I gasped loudly. "Why'd you think he lost the election? Dane did him dirty and exposed his secret, and so pitiful Jace got dragged through the mud as well. If Jace hadn't sent them away, then he likely would've been faced with milder consequences, but he was foolish enough to protect them and sacrifice everything he had. Now, this is why I refuse to believe no one knew about this."

-Eugene's point of view-

The second I heard Dane's name being called aloud from the stage, I felt the pressuring weight on my shoulders lighten as I'd finally been allowed to rest. In all honesty, Hayden took the news better than expected. He acted respectfully towards Dane, and he thanked the people for considering him as a person worthy of a leading role. Adeline, on the other hand, was deeply affected by the election and turned on Dane in an instant. It became apparent that her resentment festered in her, making it all too difficult for her to keep quiet. She'd voiced her opinion, accusing Dane of using immoral methods to gain the most votes. However, she only expressed this bitter anger over a few days before she fully realized that the decision regarding our leader was final. There was nothing she could do other than accept Dane as the leader. Adeline's source to power was gone forever, finally.

-Valerie's point of view-

For some reason, Alex's parents had decided that our election should take place earlier than originally scheduled. Jace's discharge was unpredictable to most people, and it sent them into shock. Naturally, as Jace had been Alex's teacher, people were bewildered by the whole situation and questioned Alex's morals. Even I had received questions about Alex from people who were trying to make up their minds regarding voting. The most typical question I'd heard was something along the lines of: have Alex adjusted himself to Jace's wishes? Also, people had numerous times questioned me about Alex's reliability and trustworthiness. To begin with, I reacted with anger toward the curious people, but then I remembered that I'm representative of Alex as well. In other words, if I were to act impulsively and with naivety, then that could reflect poorly on Alex as a potential leader. Therefore, I changed my way of answering and assured people that Alex was, in fact, fit to be a leader. Also, I presented facts rather than my subjective view of Alex as they would be based on personal experiences.

When adjusting my shoelaces, I heard a high-pitched voice talking behind me suddenly. Deeply confused, I turned around to meet the person's piercing gaze. "Jace is gone as you know. Consequently, Vera isn't handling it too well, and it's affecting the group negatively. We need a stable group to serve Alex properly. Therefore, the majority of the members have agreed that you should join us in these desperate times. So, are you up for it?" she questioned. I can't say I expected that proposal, and I'm guessing it showed on my face as she spoke again before I managed to answer. "You don't have to answer yet, Pennington. Give it a couple of days, if you'd like."