C98 - He turned her

Once again, we broke the rules by me being in Jace's room. "You brought me here to tell me that you'll tell Alex that I spied on him, right?" I asked, expecting an instant yes. "No," he answered. "What?" I frowned. He opened his closet and grabbed the black leather covered book: "I brought you here because of this." I swallowed oddly, glancing at the book that had been in my hands not long ago. "You did well, Valerie. I mean, sneaking into my room, stealing my book, getting Alex to lie for you and place it back... but you missed a spot," he chuckled at my apparent amateurism. He brought the book closer to my face, pointing to a red spot on the backside of the book. "That's your blood stain," Jace said, throwing the book on the bed. Crap, I must've cut myself unknowingly on one of the glass pieces. "I swear, I didn't read it," I said defensively. He looked at me with a mixed facial expression of what looked like both anger and ... fear? "Nothing about anything?" he asked. "Nothing," I assured him. "So you don't know anything more now about Xavier or... yourself?" he raised his eyebrows. Myself? "No."

Alex came back before Jace asked got to ask any more questions. "So?" Jace said, waiting for Alex to update us. "What are you guys doing?" Alex asked, oddly angrily. "Well, we were waiting for you," I shrugged my shoulders. "She broke," Alex informed us shortly. "And?" Jace raised his eyebrows. "And she called Dane, telling him she's received orders from Hayden to let Zane go. Now Zane should be out, but she's not," Alex answered. "What did you do, Alex?" I asked curiously, and a bit worriedly. He cast a glance at me, but it felt different now, colder. "She still hates me because I turned her," Alex snickered. "You turned your ex into a vampire? Against her will?" I stammered. "It wasn't difficult to read her. I knew she would betray me in the future anyway," he answered. I looked over at Jace, terrified of what I'd just heard. "Yeah, it sure was easy to notice," Jace nodded.

I was about to say something to Alex, but Jace stopped me. He gave me a warning look and shook his head twice. I narrowed my eyebrows, confused to his sudden change of behaviour. "God, I'm tired of her attitude, it gives me a headache," Alex complained. I assumed he was talking about his ex and not me, at least I hoped so. "Anyway, as much as I would love to rotten away from boredom with the two of you, I have things to deal with," Alex said, patting Jace's commode. "Sure," Jace answered. He cast a final glance at me before he left us. "What was that all about?" I questioned. "Welcome back, Alexander," Jace mumbled.