C16 - Outside

"Right, but can you at least give me a clue? Don't you think it's unfair not to?" I sighed. "It is, you're right, Valerie. As you already know, you're being followed, and the people who're following you-" he started. "They're actually out for you," I finished his sentence. He nodded at me, looking a bit confused about how I knew that. "But wouldn't it be better if you just told me everything now, instead of risking mistakes to happen? I've already made one, I left you, Alex." "Don't think of what I said earlier. I was angry, but I shouldn't have been, not at you," he answered. "I left you, you had the right to be." "Valerie, stop it," he shook his head. "I'm about to cry," Jace said mockingly from the door. "Dude," Xavier scoffed softly as he nudged Jace's arm. "You coming, Alex?" Jace asked, crossing his arms. "Yeah, whatever," Alex exhaled sharply. "Well, someone's moody," Jace said before rolling his eyes.

Staying in a room for hours without being able to do anything is quite literally the worst example of boredom. I kept walking in circles in hopes that something exciting would happen, but it didn't. During my 34 rounds, nothing happened. "As the others in here would say; do you humans have any specific needs for activity or something?" Xavier snickered. "Oh, God!" I gasped. I hadn't heard the door opening, nor had I heard him approaching the room. "Us humans? I don't know, ask yourself," I chuckled as I scratched my head. He stared at me in silence whilst I just stood there awkwardly. "What time is it?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence. "7 am." "Could we go outside or something?" I questioned. "I don't think so, sorry." "I need fresh air." "I could open a window?" he suggested. "Don't you have any control in your own home?" I asked. He exhaled before he answered: "Fine, come on."

Seeing the castle in direct sunlight was much different from seeing it at night. I asked Xavier to go to the front side, but he said no several times. However, after repeatedly continuing, he somehow changed his mind. I'm not sure whether he just felt bad for me, but it worked at least. He didn't join me though, instead, he was standing in the shadows. "You can come back now, Valerie," he said, raising his voice so I would hear him. I was gonna go back to him, but I was stopped by someone's grip on my hand. "You got scared there, huh?" Alex snickered. "Jeez, of course, I did!" I answered, breathing heavily. Alex was dressed in all dark red with a hood over his head that cast shadow over his face. What confused me the most wasn't Alex's sudden outfit change though... it was the look on Xavier's face.