C128 - Drastic changes

"I had to pretend I was a leader as I had no one to follow. Alex wasn't around, and as you know, Xylan wasn't really an option. I knew that if you were to die, then so would Alex, therefore I had to do everything I could to keep you alive. My only possible option was to give you my blood, and luckily, you were able to. However, I'm not sure I made it in time. It took time for it to work on you since it was my blood and not Alex's. You acted weird, and after you got better, you suddenly got worse again." "Oh, my God, Jace. Where's Alex?" I asked, almost frantically. "In England." "What's he doing there?"I frowned. "Nothing, he isn't awake. He's still not responsive, and that's why I'm starting to doubt my timing." I swallowed oddly, automatically dumping backwards in the couch.

Just as I thought it couldn't get any worse, Jace spoke again. "My blood doesn't heal you, it changes you. The amount you took from me will turn you eventually, Valerie." "What? Turn me as in turn into a freaking vampire?" I exclaimed. "Well, since you're alive, I'm assuming yes." "No, hell no, I can't just-" I started. He moved closer immediately, pulling me closer forcefully. "For you it will take time, it won't be like how it was for Xavier. Alex would've died for sure if I hadn't done it, remember this might have saved him," he clarified.

I was hearing everything Jace was telling me, but I felt as though I was given no time to think or react differently. I was quiet at first, wanting to keep myself together by thinking of how this could save Alex, but I failed miserably. Jace heard the raw pain in my surpassed voice when I tried saying something. My sentences turned into nonsense. Rubbish words escaped my mouth as a hopeless reaction to something so scary and drastically life changing as this.

The overwhelming wave of emotions got to me and what I never saw coming, happened. I was practically begging for Jace's comfort even though we have never got along. He treated me so different now that it felt surrealistic and utterly unreal. And it must feel weird for Jace to some degree as well... Xavier had been in this position before with Jace, and now I was suddenly in Xavier's place.