C136 - It's a turbulent time

Feeling confident Jace was heading to sleep after explaining himself I sure felt surprised when seeing him remain seated. "You're not my therapist, and I'm not yours, but I think it's about time you let me in on your love life. I mean, I essentially just slapped my story on the table, didn't I?" he raised his eyebrows. Finally, I was able to smile at Jace without faking it or feeling conflicted in a way. "Yeah, you're right."

Having the memory of Alex in my mind was simple enough as I know every single detail, but when having to formulate my thoughts out loud... it suddenly became difficult. By the look on Jace's face, I knew he was aware of my struggles, and thereby he decided to help.

"Describe the first time you met him," Jace said. Well, that's an easy one for sure. "I vividly remember that time, in fact, I still remember all the insignificant details as well. His hair was much lighter back then, and when reviving that memory, I think I prefer his darker blonde look. Anyhow, although we met as teenagers, I've always thought of him as singularly mature. I was at the same party as him years ago, and the first time he turned around, I thought I saw his face darkening as though I was an enemy of his, but then it suddenly softened in a way. Usually, I just watched attractive people from a distance, terrified to make eye contact. With Alex, however, that became difficult as he often returned the glance, and in the back of my head I thought he was trying to scare me, but he unquestionably wasn't. After some alcohol, I got tipsy, and alcohol has a strong effect on me; it makes me considerably bolder. My glances went flirtatious, and he somehow noticed. Later that night he approached me, and although I was a nerve wreck, I still managed to talk with him. I guess I'll have to thank the alcohol for that," I said, almost letting out a chortle at my own story. 

After telling Jace of my first meeting with Alex, I realized how foreign his name felt when rolling off my tongue. "You've barely talked about him, Valerie. I expected you to lay on the couch bawling your eyes out once I told you what had happened, but you've changed. And now I know why," Jace said. I looked at him nervously as though I was afraid of him telling me, which I guess could be right. "You trust me, don't you?" Jace raised an eyebrow. He wasn't mocking me or attempting to intimidate me, and his smile positively wasn't cocky this time. I hadn't asked myself that question, but once I heard him say it out loud, I guess I had to find an answer. "I suppose I do," I nodded. "Keep Alex vivid in your mind, Valerie. Trust me he'll try his best to pull through."

I did shed a few tears after talking with Jace actually, but I didn't let him know. Finally, I'd been able to think of Alex without feeling nauseated by my endless concerns of him dying. Now I just felt my chest aching from my desperate desire to meet him again. I can think of him all I want, but my mind can't provide me with his psychical contact. As vivid as my mind go, I still can't touch him or witness his current condition. I only remember him as unharmed and in perfect condition, which sadly, isn't realistic for his time being.

Last night, I intended to go to bed, but I ended up falling asleep on the couch instead. I was woken up by a pillow thrown at my face, which I must admit wasn't the most pleasing way to wake up. Jace threatened to throw it several times if I didn't get the hell up, which he almost ended up doing as I was quite slow.

Before I could pick up on the fact that something was wrong, I heard Xavier babbling to himself, seeming pretty stressed. He then told me that Xylan had been informed of which hotel we were staying at, which could, of course, then lead Xylan directly to us.

Xavier and Jace had already packed the little of luggage that we had. I wanted nothing more than to ask who'd done us dirty like that, but then again, they probably would've said so if they knew. By now I must've crossed Jace's mind as someone considerably different than before, and I sure didn't want to ruin that opinion by asking the wrong questions.