C81 - It's Valerie Pennington

I froze in my position, completely forgetting everything that had just been said between Xavier and I. Oddly enough, I felt kinda relieved to see Jace standing in the door frame. I guess it was this inner hope that I would finally get to go home without any lying vampires. It came as a surprise that Zane had joined Jace though, he stood right behind with a very serious facial expression.

Hayden was quick to react, much quicker than I'd expected. "I think I might have overrated you, Jace," Hayden scoffed mockingly. Hayden held a firm grip on Jace, preventing him from moving. Adeline took care of Zane and Dane grabbed a hold of Xavier. "So much for the rescue mission," Adeline shook her head. Jace let out a loud sigh of frustration: "Don't be so stupid." I assumed it was aimed at me as I was the only free person. I carefully, but quickly, headed for the hallway, leaving everyone behind. In my side sight, I could see Dane letting go of Xavier, and I knew he would come after me so I slammed the door behind me. It opened again right after, and there he stood, holding his hand over his head. "That really fucking hurt," Dane breathed through gritted teeth. "Are you seriously gonna keep me hostage only for your own good, Dane?" I asked. "No, you may do as you please, but remember that if you go running right back to Alex now... you're forgiving all his lies and actions," he answered, removing his hand from his head. "She's Valerie Pennington, Hayden!" Adeline yelled. My eyes expanded the second I heard my real name being called out loud. "Run, now!" Dane yelled.

I didn't hesitate to run off as quick as I could. The blood taste spread in my mouth shortly, and my lungs were starting to sting as the cold air suddenly entered through my nose and mouth. The regular routine bus stood there with the doors open, waiting for passengers. Impulsively, I ran into the bus, almost falling down the stairs of it. "You have to close your doors straight away!" I begged, breathing heavily. The bus driver was an old man who didn't seem to hear very well and knowing Hayden was coming after me, this was the last thing I needed right now...